Invisible track segment

Hello folks, recently got an OP-1 and found my way here… Great resource!

There is one thing though I cannot seem to find an answer to; a bug which seem to appear when I do too much “lift all”. Some tape “segments” (blue/red lines) simply disappear, but the audio is still there on the tape…? Anyone knows what is going on? Is this a known issue, and are there any workarounds?

Also I’m a bit confused that when you drop a region which you have done a “lift all” on, it creates empty tape segments on tracks, even if there is no audio recorded there… is this the expected behaviour?

I’m fairly new too and see this quite a lot. What I do, which was suggested here somewhere is to just record blank audio over the loop area on each track where the display is missing. Not ideal but keeps me organised.

I’ve seen both of the things you mentioned. Pretty annoying. I use same workaround as @853. Hope they fix some of these types of things in upcoming update…

Ah of course, somehow forgot about the default overdubbing… Thanks for the tip!
Some extra work but makes the issue manageable (at least as long as the segments are aligned with tempo grid)
Lets hope TE fix this in next update though

If there is ‘stuck’ audio that is invisible and won’t delete when lifted ,then record some silence elsewhere.Lift this and drop over invisible audio to delete.

Have also seen this quite frequently. Seems like there’s a disconnection between the clip as a visual and the sound of what is there. It usually happens when I lift all right at the edge of a clip (e.g. if a clip starts at a marker point and a lift it from that marker point).

I usually do what other people have suggested here (recording silence over these clips) to make them appear.

I have recently run into this issue. I’m a bit angry as I liked that section which has been lost this way :slight_smile: I’m going to use the workaround described here. Thanks.

Oh, I misunderstood it. Got back the takes by recording blank audio on them. Great workaround.
I’m still getting familiar with this device, but it’s definitely addictive :slight_smile:

For me, the beta release had the invisible clicks but the latest official release doesn’t have any.

I liked the beta release but had to switch back.

this bug was described elsewhere. it’s triggered if something stops the OP1 externally, while it is recording. you can see where the take is, by pressing Rec immediately after it has stopped and disappeared. on the next operation it loses the reference.

These scenarios must be among the reasons. However I run into this issue without any external driving and even not pressing the record button. But overdubbing the record with silence can easily solve it. However I always check dropped sections if they become silent or not because of this issue :slight_smile:

These scenarios must be among the reasons. However I run into this issue without any external driving and even not pressing the record button.

it would be nice if you could tell us the exact steps to reproduce this problem, if you have them. been trying to collect enough use cases that trigger this

These scenarios must be among the reasons. However I run into this issue without any external driving and even not pressing the record button.

it would be nice if you could tell us the exact steps to reproduce this problem, if you have them. been trying to collect enough use cases that trigger this

Sure. I’m on this. However I’ve recently run into lost sections by loops which I was not touching at that time. Crazy.

However important to note that the OS crashed on my OP-1 yesterday, I had to restart the device.

@iramrezso: have you (or anyone else for that matter) found out the exact steps to reproduce this problem without any DAW involvement i.e. just using OP-1 on its own. Would appreciate knowing if you’ve found a way.

@5StarNomad I’d bee happy to have a reproducible scenario. I’m constantly checking this believe me. However it is difficult to reproduce when I realize that some takes have been disappeared from sections which I touched a day ago last time :slight_smile:
And I’m still not using any external tools. Just inside TE.

@5StarNomad I'd bee happy to have a reproducible scenario. I'm constantly checking this believe me. However it is difficult to reproduce when I realize that some takes have been disappeared from sections which I touched a day ago last time :)
And I'm still not using any external tools. Just inside TE.

others should chime in but this is the first time I hear of takes disappearing after they’ve been successfully recorded. the OP1 stores this info in the service chunks at the end of the actual track files so the takes info lands directly onto the flash memory. you’re talking of these parts somehow ending up corrupted. hasn’t happened to me so far. very different than losing a take in progress.

@eesn In my opinion the OP is also about loosing tracks sometime after they have been recorded :slight_smile:
“a bug which seem to appear when I do too much “lift all””

I’ve found lift all unreliable .
There is also the loss forever effect if audio is move/shifted with shift&blue to the very end of Tape.
But I’ve worried about user error in the past ,when whole chunks of a track dissapear. The lift may be easy to press by mistake (I use the rewind ,then play as a max speed shortcut for rewinding…maybe then).

I don’t think this issue is a user error. User error would be if we lose tracks along with the the related parts of audio accidentally. However only the track lines disappear but the audio sections remain there. This is a bug, or “unexpected behavior” at least :slight_smile:

Cool,yes. Was just chiming in with varied experiences ,incase it helped :slight_smile: