iOS 14.2 + OP-Z app problem

actually since posting that, my experience with the cable has mostly been bad. a lot of the time it won’t be recognized at all. the other day i finally had it working, but i needed to change some midi CC assignments and it would instantly crash as soon as I changed any of the values.

exactly what i did! i dusted off an old iPad Air (1st gen) that is still running iOS 12 and I’m running just fine again.

The cable doesnt work well (as pointed out by freqout). sometimes it worked, mostly only for a short while.

Why would this not have been picked up in (even very rudimentary) testing? In the context of this app, failure to connect is pretty hard to miss.

Should we be worried about TE’s ongoing commitment to support OP-Z and iOS?

CB

1 Like

Orthoplay iOS remote won’t connect anymore either. Anyone else have problems with OD11?

It is working for me. I haven’t tried it with bluetooth, though

Hi! after 14.2 update i can’t use it even via cable, it crashes every time after a few seconds. i can send you the crash logs if it helps

Luca

Hey guys - I saw elsewhere that if you get the Beta 14.3 iOS update it fixes the Bluetooth connectivity - and so I tried it this morning and I can confirm that works! It’s pretty easy to sign up for the Beta program and you just need to install a beta profile on your iPhone - which was very easy - link here Apple Beta Software Program - obviously this iOS will be officially released soon but it seems to be working well and you can get now… so get on it guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Came to this thread with this same issue. Can confirm updating to ipadOS 14.3 beta fixed OP-Z and OP-Z app Bluetooth connectivity!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. No luck with Bluetooth, but some luck with a cable. Let’s hope this will be fixed soon. Best x

Oh! That’s a very good news, but I guess we need to wait and see ^*^

Thanks for sharing.

I have prevented my iPhone from upgrading to 14.2. Good news if 14.3 works properly.

Gotta have that OP-Z app!

1 Like

14.3 confirmed working (one personal instance, no big test) report your findings. updated the article. this seems to have importance.

“note: make sure to power on OP–Z before connecting to the ios device.”

1 Like

What about android? It still doesn’t work…
I would rather not need the app at all really…
I guess there is no chance of that though… I mean i guess we will need it atleast for the video unity stuff always right? Is there a way to retain the full functionality of the opz without the app? I love the opz… The app not so much…

“Make sure that the OP-Z is powered on before connecting”

Since we are all reporting that the bluetooth connection between the iOS app and the OP-Z is broken, I really don’t know what to make of this advice that you posted… other than it is irrelevant and patronising. It’s a bit like saying about the kettle which doesn’t boil water “is it plugged in?” Whoever wrote this advice… do they think that once we all installed iOS 14.2, we all forgot to turn on our devices and hit the button underneath before making a bluetooth connection in the app?

Again - what testing did TE do of their app against the iOS14.2 beta? And what does all this say about TE’s support for their customers and expensive products?

I was a very happy TE customer. However, I will not be buying any further TE products.

CB

4 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. All my other apps work with iPadOS14.2. So, just hoping the OP-Z app will work with the next update doesn’t show TE back-end developers in the best light. Some of us bought OP-Z also because of the app. TE should manage customer expectations and satisfaction more professionally.

1 Like

Updated my iPad from 14.3 beta 3 (where it was working) to official 14.3 this morning. It is still working in the official release. Have been jamming with op-z and ipad for a few hours, its working just fine again!

2 Likes

USB -C connection is very spotty. OP-Z app crashes after few moment. It is good to know that 14.3 will fix this issue.
Addition to this bluetooth/USB-C issues, I also reported a very weird issue that started with iPad OS 14.0. The problem is that in OP-Z content mode, ios is not able to open “samplepacks” folder. The problem still exists (tested- no issues with mac, pc and android). Not sure if this is specific to my setting or others are having similar issue. I have reported this with TE and Apple. At least one person also reported the same issue. Below is a link to the post with detail on content mode issue with IOS 14 and above.

2 Likes

Same issue here! Too bad I wanted to load samples from my IPad but not anymore possible.

I went out and bought a brand new ipad specifically to be able to use the app with my OP_Z. It’s extremely discouraging the lack of support TE has provided about when this problem will be fixed

On 14.3 it works like a breeze using bluetooth, without an update on the app, but on the OS. This is an iPhone SE

I t works as good as it does on my old iPad mini3 which is on iOS 12.5