iPaders... iMPC Pro looks tight!

I’m not here to judge you @dimi3 and it’s a better attitude than “LOL PAY IS FOR N00Bx0Rz!!!11!1eleven!!”

Haha, ya I should say I def don’t judge peeps who do crack. Also, I agree if you pay for an app, you should be able to access those sounds! Don’t really have a problem there!

@masterofstuff124

I have to say that something as simple as Sunrizer > Audiobus 2 > garageband begins to hiccup after only 2-3 tracks.

@virtual_flannel - here’s how to access samples in the app:

what i do is copy the app to my desktop from the iTunes media folder where the original copy lives. click on the file name and change the extension to “.rar” and then extract the file by double clicking on it to open it. you will get a folder with some stuff in it, open the “payload” folder and there will be a file. right click on the file and select the option to “show package contents” and now you can get at all the original samples and sound files included in the app. i use this all the time for music apps, especially any that have in app purchases which simply unlock content that is stored locally on your device….

Great info! Thanks @instantjuggler

very clever @instantjuggler

I think Garage Band is pretty BEefy and that is slowing down your system. I use loopy/Multitrack/Auria(when I add a bunch of effects in auria then its slow but i only use the EQ and compressor.) without much/any slow down…

So this looks a little better than the impc app ives had for the last few months. Honestly when i first got the app i felt burned i spent 7 bux. It is just really unrealized. I mean the software for the MPC Ren has gotten better and better but it was released in a totally flawed state. But hey whatever.

Anyway my impression of the iMPC app were that it was a just something they felt they HAD to do and it just pails in comparison to most beat making apps. but this PRO" upgrade might be better.idk. hoping i dont have to buy this…

cant check right now if its just an update to the app i have already, daughter has my ipad…

got a friend that works for akai…we might get another hardware MPC [fingers crossed]

Rhythm Wolf in august!!
anyone figured out how to save over an existing program?

the inter app audio sampling and fx stuff is cool. hope they update it, seems very akai aka unfinished…lol
loading the floppy disks was a nice aesthetic touch.

9 mo. Later, I have an iPad Mini Retina (2), and the iMPC Pro app is not only my most used app, it’s consuming me altogether!!! Just chopping & slicing; building kits is a pastime for me now. I ponied up for a MPC Element, and I’m in hog heaven w/ this combo. The app is really sublime.

New update 1.3 is out today. Time stretching / slicing is IN.

Just an FYI for anyone who loves the app as much as I do.

so did they ever change how the program saving works?

does it still save it to a new program everytime?

I’m not sure I follow, but I’ve only played w/it for about 5 min. At work.

its been awhile since i've used it. but this is how it worked when it came out.

basically, say you have a program that u are working on that you already saved. then you make some changes to the sounds, add some sounds to new pads. then save it again. it saves the program as a new program instead of overwriting the old program. doesn't matter if you saved it as the same name, still gives u a new program.

it gets kinda weird as you continue working on your beat as the changes that you made are not saved to the old program, so you have to constantly go back and fix or re-assign the program to the previous tracks. and if u make alot of changes you end up w/ like 15 programs. when u really just needed one.

it was really strange to me at the time, and i couldn't figure out if it was me or the app.

does that make sense?

I know what you mean, now. Can’t verify if they’ve added “overwrite”, but I’ll see tonight.

cool thanks g! i really liked the app, that kinda killed it for me tho. fucked up my flow hard.

i can't for the life of me understand why they would have made the app like that. retronyms is really frustrating sometimes.

also since u say u really like this app, i’m assuming you’ve used it alot, does this not bother u or how is your workflow regarding this?

It bothers me, but the positives pretty much outweigh the negatives. Chopping samples up on that app is a real pleasure.

They added loop functionality to auditioning during the edit phase, by the way. That was key.

More to come.