Is the OP-1 / Pocket Operator integration poor?

Is it just me or is the integration between the POs and the OP-1 in live performance rather poor?

I had hoped to be able to, through clever panning, use my OP-1 as the master sync and passively feed the audio from the other channel through the output of my PO12. The problem is the line level output of the OP-1 is so low I can barely hear it in the mix and I am also struggling to get the PO to receive a sync.

I would hope that such functionality is something that TE would look to address in the next OS update for the OP-1 but to get around the volume issue would require a firmware / hardware change on the PO12 I would have thought.

Record a selection of mp3 strips of sync onto a phone or cd ,of your favorite tempo’s clocked by OP.Might seem like a hassle of a work around but you do free up the stereo on the OP.

@ghostly606 i dont think the op1 is very good at live performaces it for me flows alot more like a sketchpad. I can use it live but never to the potentital of just sitting silently and really combining all of the OP1s elements. some simple tweaks would make the op1 function alot more like a groovebox. im not even sure id want that any more( love my op1) i do expect the next update to have some PO functionality.

I found the clock on POs and OP-1 is pretty solid.

So I usually play the PO within the OP-1, not the other way around…

LyingDalai
I found the clock on POs and OP-1 is pretty solid.

How do you sync your PO’s with your OP?

i think by referencing the clocks he is saying he presses play at the same time on both. and because the clocks are solid they stay synced together simply because the clocks are tight. I have also noticed the PO clocks are very good and i often dont link them together while playing them together because of signal loss.

@ghostly606 i dont think the op1 is very good at live performaces it for me flows alot more like a sketchpad. I can use it live but never to the potentital of just sitting silently and really combining all of the OP1s elements. some simple tweaks would make the op1 function alot more like a groovebox. im not even sure id want that any more( love my op1) i do expect the next update to have some PO functionality.

The OP-1 would be so much better if it was more of a groovebox for gigging.

> LyingDalai > I found the clock on POs and OP-1 is pretty solid. How do you sync your PO's with your OP?

Studio version :
OP-1 > iConnectMIDI4 > Volca > PO

Nomade version : well… No sync ^^ I plug directly the PO within the OP-1 and it’s rather OK.
I sync the PO together with a Volca, though…
MIDI through USB is a false good idea imo

OP-1 > iConnectMIDI4 > Volca > PO

Nomade version : well… No sync

I sync MIDI through a volca bass as well, though if I had an OP-1 I’d rather sell the volca.