Is there a Digital recorder that loops like the op-1?

Which one do you recommend? Is there a recorder that loops as smooth as the OP1 and can move the loop and can sync?

Honestly my dream device is something like a 16 track / 8 track stereo version of the OP-1’s tape. And maybe some goodies like track sends, dynamics, etc.

Actually I would also use an IOS-App if it would sync (that should not be a Problem, because the IPad syncs via USB to the OP1) and works reliable. I just discovered the „FingerBeat“ app that is currently for free and has a „tape recorder“ that looks very similar to the one from the OP1:
[a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple22/v4/bf/8d/67/bf8d67b4-7d34-b8fe-5877-5c8a56c8a1ef/sc552x414.jpeg]

@dinraum said:
Actually I would also use an IOS-App if it would sync (that should not be a Problem, because the IPad syncs via USB to the OP1) and works reliable. I just discovered the „FingerBeat“ app that is currently for free and has a „tape recorder“ that looks very similar to the one from the OP1:
[a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple22/v4/bf/8d/67/bf8d67b4-7d34-b8fe-5877-5c8a56c8a1ef/sc552x414.jpeg]

It looks cool. tks

might not be what you’re after, but have a look at the old roland VS range of multitrack digital recorders — rock solid machines packed with features and effects that include easy, seamless looping, midi synch. comes with good effects. as a bonus, you also get a really good digital mixing desk with nice faders and good bussing/effects routing options. worth buying just for the digital mixing disk. VS880 and 1680s can be found for betwen $100-200.

the curent tascam range of small multirtrack digital recorders can also do easy looping, but lack midi synch.

Interesting I remember these machines. But I assume the old Roland’s do not have usb to sync to the op1. Can you set locators based on bars or do I have to set the loop point by ear?

@anomalous said:
Honestly my dream device is something like a 16 track / 8 track stereo version of the OP-1’s tape. And maybe some goodies like track sends, dynamics, etc.

+1!

Add an additional octave on the keyboard and the OP-1 would be my ONLY synth.

Fingerbeat looks cool, gonna try it on my iPhone now, thanks!