is there a quick way to turn a tape segment into a drum set?

as the title says …

if it isn’t longer than 12 sec - just lift it from the tape and drop it in a drum patch. this easy. if shorter the old drum patch will still be there. hope that’s what you wanted to know. ta!

There is no transient detection or anything for automatically mapping sounds within a tape segment to keys. It is strictly a manual affair. One tip if you are not privy is to hold a key and press lift, then hold another key and press drop to copy and paste hits. This is good to move through the tape segment in a linear fashion without missing anything. Unfortunately, once you’ve done this you can no longer lift from tape into a drumkit without a restart of the machine.

Believe it or not, a fix to that problem @Lymtronics, is my number 1 wish!

if it isn't longer than 12 sec - just lift it from the tape and drop it in a drum patch. this easy. if shorter the old drum patch will still be there. hope that's what you wanted to know. ta!

@tasmansea, this sounds like what I want to do - could you explain a bit more in detail how you drop it into the drum patch?

Edmund

for some reason just doing lift in the tape, and then drop with a drum kit chosen seems to do … nothing for me.

if you could describe the key sequence more precisely, I could figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Edmund

press the tape button on the left > chop and lift the segment of your desire > press the drum engine button and choose the patch of destination > press drop… chances are you now need to adjust each slice individually

…this should work - I’m not in front of my OP-1 though. lemme know if that works. hope this helps

press the tape button on the left > chop and lift the segment of your desire > press the drum engine button and choose the patch of destination > press drop.... chances are you now need to adjust each slice individually

..this should work - I'm not in front of my OP-1 though. lemme know if that works. hope this helps

That’s a hot tip!

I’ll have to try it tonight.

@tasmansea thank you - I tried that again and it worked. There may be some sort of intermittent bug in my head :slight_smile:

Edmund