Is this for real (rick&morty PO)

Define real :slight_smile:

Itā€™s also on their official site https://teenage.engineering/

1 Like

p confused by this choice, tbh

I am a serious musician with ā€œrealā€ instruments and I am offended by this silly product.

Just kidding! Who cares?! It seems fun! People called the Pocket Operators ā€œtoysā€ before this and people will continue to call them toys long after this. Little do they know there is no such thing as a ā€œserious instrumentā€. Instruments are what you make of them. Music is what you make of it and it is okay for music to be fun.

1 Like

GRAB THAT TERRY FLAPPY FOLD

2 Likes

Heck yes, I really want to get one of these! It looks like a modified PO 35 speak, the audio playing in the insta video kinda sounds like it, also slot 16 has a graphic over it and on the box art, so Iā€™m guessing this is the micro drum machine. In any case, Iā€™m already gearing up to get one

Happy for anyone out there who wants one of these, but this feels like a ā€œjump the sharkā€ moment if there ever was one.

Excited for the upcoming limited edition Home Improvement PO with pre-loaded Tim Allen samples. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

At least they have updated the display graphics, unlike the Ghostly fiascoā€¦

2 Likes

At what cost will be the differentiator between the two, but as a slightly embarrassed owner of the ghostly edition 33, different gfx would at least be something.

1 Like

What are the Ghostly samples like?
Iā€™m pretty annoyed how limited that edition was, I hope they do a much larger run of the PO-137

It was sold out very quickly, I donā€™t see any ā€œfiascoā€.

I donā€™t see the point in that campaign. It was not for money, given the extremely limited run. It was not a new device, just an expensive PO-33. Most of the social media comments that I saw were negative. Who is a fan of Ghostly by the way? I think they would get better PR from distributing a sound backup for free.

The R&M PO-35 on the other hand has a new display and a huge fan base.

1 Like

i had numerous family and friends mention it to me. good advertising?
or targeted ad shenanigans.

PO-137 available now for 99ā‚¬, comes with silicon case CA-X (black).

EDIT: ā€¦aaaand sold out already.

Webpage says ā€œ1st editionā€, obviously there are more to come.

I had gotten an email during the night. When I awoke, I immediately went to the ā€˜buyā€™ page, and it had already sold out. Curse you timezones!

I managed to get one, theyā€™re emails are sent so much later than when they sell them, only way for me was to stay up that night and watch their Instagram countdown. (Iā€™m in Aus so timezones also suck). The r&m po is really fun and Iā€™m glad I got it because I donā€™t have a speak, but it seems to be identical except for the PCB design and screen, and preloaded samples. Itā€™s really fun and I think good for people who like the show and donā€™t already have a po 35. I think itā€™s getting a broader release in November, otherwise the 35 is pretty cheap on TEs website

1 Like

Congratulations. Iā€™m a retired mad scientist, so I really wanted a PO with my hero in it. But I always overwrite all the samples while experimenting anyway, so maybe itā€™s just for the ā€¦ ā€œamazingā€ graphics.

1 Like

So realā€¦

2 Likes

:sunglasses: