Is this the final field series drop... anymore hardware?

do you think this latest accessories drop completes the field series? any other hardware to come yet?

i am hoping there will be some sort of field mic/recorder situation. seems like it would fit right in to the field studio idea

1 Like

Still hoping for an OP-Z field… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think the Field line of product is still young. There’s still room for more hadware, but there’s no pattern with TE, they’re always impredictible, maybe except with their prices.

2 Likes

2022 Field Line

• Existing field product (OP-1F)
  • New field product (TX-6)

2023 Field Line

• Existing field product (OP-ZF)
  • New field product (TE Field Mic/Recorder???)

This is how i hope they are doing it

I dont think pocket operators will get a field version however, they have distinctly positioned that branding for their more budget friendly products.

1 Like

but how would you define what a ‘field-line’ product actually is?

The more expensive something is, the less likely I’m taking it out of the house.
That may just be a TE in-joke though.

3 Likes

Field Recorder? We have that in the OP-1f and the TX-6 with a USB Stick and Mic.

I’m personally hoping that we’ll see some major software updates for the OP-1f so that we get 8 Tracks and expose these tracks on the TX-6 so you can control them and effect them there.

The TX-6 should become the hardware Elektron Overbridge for the TE hardware. :pray:t3:

That’s what i want from the Field for my little portable studio :wink:

2 Likes

I hope they do something like Tesla, like an incredible holiday update that blows our minds.

1 Like

How would you access the other 4 tracks? There are only 4 track keys.

I don’t think that will ever happen anyway. The essence of the OP-1 is the 4 tracks tape recorder, and the creativity brought by its limitations. I mean that would be awesome for a lot of people, but this isn’t like TE to go against their own limitations and simplicity.

1 Like

let’s wait for the ob-4 / 2h / 1 track / disk Option

Hrmmm. Good question. It could be done a few different ways:
. Press + Hold Tape + 1-8 buttons
. Double Press 1-4 Tape buttons to toggle between 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8
. Shift + Tape +1-4 to access 1-8 Tapes

There could be a few other button combinations but those are the 3 which i can think of off the top of my head.

1 Like

looks like i got my prediction correct

1 Like