Issues with PO-12, PO-14 and PO-16

Hi

I received my PO-12, PO-14 and PO-16 pocket operators 2 days ago and so far I’ve spent most of my time with PO-12 and a little bit with PO-14 and PO-16, but I’ve noticed some things that don’t look or work quite as in the manual or on any of the youtube videos I watched.

On PO-12, when I’m trying to set a step-multiplier there is no indication of which multiplier has been set, I have to wait to hear it. In videos I’ve seen there is something like “t-02” written in the upper right corner and in the manual there are numbers “2,4,8,16” that should be visible in the lower left corner, however in my case when I press “sound number + bmp” nothing of this is shown. Is this normal?
https://youtu.be/969XTb58qb0

On PO-14, the screen is flickering like crazy when I press “play” even if the pattern is empty. I haven’t seen such strong flickering on any youtube videos. Could this be some kind of a “screen power/voltage” issue?
https://youtu.be/JSt7y6AEN7Q

And the issue with PO-16 is that the buttons don’t always respond to presses. It is not like the buttons don’t work, but they are definitely more picky on how they are pressed compared to PO-12 and PO-14. If there is some sideway force, which can happen when you’re moving fingers from one button to the other, the button doesn’t always respond, even though I can feel the “click”. I haven’t experienced such behavior on PO-12 or PO-14.

I was just wondering if any of you had the same/similar issues, am I doing something wrong or is this normal for these pocket operators?

I see that same issue with my po 12 too. Fustrating nto to see that t-#. I end smashing the buttons and lowering the volume.

Ref PO-12 step multiplier…

Select the sound which you have applied to the step in the pattern which you wish to multiply. Holding down the button of the step you wish to multiply (an illuminated step), press the bpm button to cycle from the default of t-1 through t-2, t-3, t-4, t-6, t-8 (indicated in the top right).

If you selected an un-illuminated step (which does not trigger the currently selected sound), then you’ll see t-0 in the top right.

When a multiplied step is being played, a shirt button will momentarily appear in the bottom left.

Hope this helps.

CB

I had the flickery screen on PO-14, for a bit.
Put it down to battery connection.
Check your batteries are snug or change them for a different set maybe.

Thanks for all the comments, I apologize for responding late, been busy :slight_smile:

@Spheric_El it probably is the issue with the power connection, but since everything else seems to work ok, I don’t mind it that much anymore

@cloudburst I tried to do it like you mentioned, but nothing is displayed in the top right corner, there is no t-0, t-1… just the bpm is displayed. The only indicator that something is changed is the momentarily displayed “shirt button/icon” in the bottom left. It seems that @SotoX3 experienced the same problem.

I have to say that despite it all, these are great little instruments and the kids love them too, but everybody else are slowly going crazy, constantly listening to the 8bit sounds - hmm noise :smiley:

Regards