Keystep, Volca FM, PO-12 jam video

Didn’t know where to put this. Here’s a jam with said devices. Also using the iOS app Midiflow to filter out a MIDI clock, and stuff.

Love the Keystep. Wow… it’s OP-1 Endless like sequencer is so useful! It’s unedited, keeping the whole workflow intact, for curious watchers.
Chapters:
00:00 hello
01:47 jam 1
06:37 jam 2
14:44 jam 3
20:58 jam 4
31:50 jam 5
40:21 jam 6
47:10 bye bye, midiflow app, how to donate, xxx

And PS. sorry for being absent from the forum for such a long time! I’ve been so busy with stuff. Trying to keep the flow steady. More music time ahead! Peace

Nice work (as always @cuckoo) How do you find the key step? It’s really caught my interest.

This is sooooo good

gold

Thanks everyone!
@steveoath I think the Keystep is a great tool. Nicely sized keys. And as you can see here, I find the sequencer and arpeggio quick to access, and fun to use. Build quality seems good. Metal plate bottom. Sturdy. A bit heavy. Good stuff!

That’s a nice session! Gets me into the mood to jam too!

Aaaand I’m gonna get me a KeyStep. Thanks @cuckoo :wink: This rug(ed keyboard) is really gonna tie the (midi)room together.

Aaaand I'm gonna get me a KeyStep. Thanks @cuckoo ;) This rug(ed keyboard) is really gonna tie the (midi)room together.

You’re welcome! I think it’s a terrific Midi keyboard. The arp and sequencer are both great. They add a lot to any synth you might be playing, I think.

That's a nice session! Gets me into the mood to jam too!

Last time I heard you jam out, when we were playing, I think it sounded really great. More jamming!

This video got you another Patreon subscriber :slight_smile:

Great video, really enjoyed those jams!
I’m quite tempted by the keystep, it looks lovely. I have a yamaha cbx-k1 already, which is both my studio and live keyboard, but it would be nice to have that sequencer… then again the cbx is that nice translucent aqua colour :smiley:

This video got you another Patreon subscriber :-)

<3

Great video, really enjoyed those jams! I'm quite tempted by the keystep, it looks lovely. I have a yamaha cbx-k1 already, which is both my studio and live keyboard, but it would be nice to have that sequencer.. then again the cbx is that nice translucent aqua colour :D

He he, it’s like a MIDI jungle out there, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under!

I originally decided that I shouldn’t have a midi keyboard. What a waste of space. I have a lot of keyboards on all my synths allready! But when I tried the Keystep it really started to make sense. And with that nice sequencer and arpeggio, and the nicely sized keys… it’s very nice.

He he, it’s like a MIDI jungle out there, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under! […]

And broken sync, everywhere! Which is why I was hooked on the KeyStep immediately: It really ties the hardware together, even if it’s out of it’s frame of reference. Midi, USB Midi, and Click/Pulse is a great combination. The Arp and Sequencer are the icing on the cake.

ooh, the sync in/out… can that be set to different sync schemes? Would be interesting to clock it from nanoloop… or have it as master for nanoloop and circuit at the same time…

can that be set to different sync schemes?
There’s four modes:
  • Internal
  • USB
  • Midi
  • Sync In (click/pulse)
Selection is via jumper switches at the back, a bit fiddely and needlessly so if you ask me.

The sequencer has a nice feature: While the sequence is playing you can either choose to use the Keyboard to transpose the sequence or you can just play the keyboard with the sequence running in the background. You can even select a different Midi-Channel for that.

One caveat: The keyboard uses only little power which is an issue with my USB power bank. It shuts down automatically after a minute if not enough current is being drawn from it. Workaround is to draw more power, e.g. by connecting the OP-1 :slight_smile:

Keystep kicks ASS. :slight_smile:

like it a lot lot more compared to the beatstep pro. it’s so active and keeps me dancing. Arturia sometimes Sucks with their beta to the people phase.

don’t like that.