Learning keys after OP1 purchase

I made myself a quick time animation, where I displayed all three note chords (dur, moll, dim) in, for example, a/ ais / as. After a few seconds also the sound of the chord is played.

Then I turn it into random mode and have to find the right keys. There’s probably sth like this as an application, but it took me too long to find this special feature.

It’s very effective for learning. :slight_smile:

Mixie, what did u just say, with “dur, moll”? German major and minor?

Yes :smiley: , I was too lazy to look them up in English.
Major, minor, diminished and sharp I think.

If it going too slowly and you feel like you’re going to give up try this:

Memorize one 5 note scale (put stickers on the keyboard keys if u have to) and just play those notes only. I would rec a scale with some black keys in it. All the notes should sound great together, and holding any more than 1 at a time works great too. Later you can expand to the 7 note version of that scale.

It worked for me, and was a gateway drug to stumbling over a lot more music theory in a way that makes sense.
Just my experience :wink:

I made myself a quick time animation, where I displayed all three note chords (dur, moll, dim) in, for example, a/ ais / as. After a few seconds also the sound of the chord is played.

Then I turn it into random mode and have to find the right keys. There’s probably sth like this as an application, but it took me too long to find this special feature.

It’s very effective for learning. :slight_smile:

Oh wow! Super cooooool!!!

It’s so interesting to hear about another’s path!

Also an App called Note Trainer is great! It taught me how to know the notes on the treble clef and bass clef. I’ve just fired it up again and it’s got chord recognition exercises too! I’m only using the lite version but it’s ample enough. :wink:

Got 8 minutes? This video is awesome.

Learn How to Play Chords on the Piano in Less than 8 Minutes

Wow that voice leading tip was VERY cool

Hey another fun site for beefing up your repertoire is
https://www.hooktheory.com/theorytab/common-chord-progressions

Repertoire is mega important for helping train your brain to recognize and learn to use things like some chords you might not be as familiar with or keys. I remember John frusciante talking about this on “the heart is a drum machine”

If it going too slowly and you feel like you’re going to give up try this:

Memorize one 5 note scale (put stickers on the keyboard keys if u have to) and just play those notes only. I would rec a scale with some black keys in it. All the notes should sound great together, and holding any more than 1 at a time works great too. Later you can expand to the 7 note version of that scale.

It worked for me, and was a gateway drug to stumbling over a lot more music theory in a way that makes sense.
Just my experience :wink:

That’s a great tip,.will definitely give that a go!

Got 8 minutes? This video is awesome.

Learn How to Play Chords on the Piano in Less than 8 Minutes

https://youtu.be/sjN3-ZeuJaY

Wow, that was so clarifying, haven’t seen this explained so well before!