:: Lets Collaborate and Listen ::

Can we do battles over Skype or something?!

depends on someone’s computer setup @Kites. If they have monitors/speakers and a webcam, I imagine so, but trying to do multi-group battles over Skype doesn’t sound too workable unless everyone involved has amazing broadband.

Ah, what kind of future is this??

bump.

Any more ideas? I’m done with the AO Vol 3, now, and my wedding.

I have something on my OP-1 Tape right now that is unfinished. If someone is interested, I can either:

1)Send you all the Tape track files
2)Bounce them all to one track via Ear or Album and send that instead

At this time there is no beat, or structure, or discernible rhythm if someone wants to add that sort of thing.

Or I can pick one track to send you. It can be random, even. >:) Or you can just pick a number from 1-4 (though 4 is just a sound file I processed for a song iirc >.> )

I’m game, but my OP-1 is shipped out for service.

What’s an easy file format for everyone? I’ll try clearing out my Dropbox, unless someone knows of another efficient way.

if we’re swapping 6 minute tape files/tracks, zipping them would probably be the easiest.

My DropBox has plenty of room :slight_smile:

Nice, I’m curious about your song that needs beats, may I have a listen?

someone throw something my way? I’d love an opportunity to muck with someone’s stems, even though it will probably be nothing spectacular in terms of audio :slight_smile:

all right, I’ve made a folder in my DropBox called Operator-1.com. PM me your email and I’ll send you an invite to it. I’ve organised it as follows:

Each username will have a folder, and inside that folder will be zip files of your OP-1 Tape tracks (put all four in a folder, name it how you like (the one I have uploaded now is called StrayaSong since I did most of it in Australia lol), and zip it. Then drop that folder into your user Tape folder.

Anyone involved in this may then come in, copy this zip file to their computer, open it, and then use (and abuse) the contents. You can PM the person if you like, or let it be a surprise.

I’d prefer that people just copy Tracks directly to their OP-1, but I won’t cry foul if anyone processes stuff on the computer first so long as they leave it a mono aif file and it fits back onto their OP-1 afterward.

There is a text file where we can (try!) to keep track of who did what to what, or used what, etc. This is going to be a clusterfuck right on the edge of disorganization o.O lol…

I do like the idea of a sort of round robin thing, too, so if anyone wants to start something like that, cool. ie, one person makes a single Tape track, and sends it to the next person, who adds a track, or possibly overdubs, so long as they don’t destroy someone’s work, until we reach the end. That can be broken up in teams even, or whatever, kind of like how they used to do 4 track tape swap collabs back in the day. I can organize that, too, if we get enough people putting their name in the hat. It’s obviously not as free-for-all as the way I described first lol…

@KrisM, if I work with one of your pieces, It’ll probably get worked on with my iPad. More specifically, Cubasis. How’s that sound to you?

Not a problem if you want to reserve your tracks for the OP-1 only.

@krism hit me with your drop box interested to try…

sure, why not @Kites

invite sent @dimi3

So no one else is putting their Tape up for grabs? Mine is the only one in there.

Pussies.

Ahem >.> lol…

I never got your Dropbox link :confused:

lol. hmm. check your spam folder?

Any successful songs yet? I just got my OP-1 in this week so I’m ready for puzzle work.

@krism, I’ve yet to download your tracks because my Dropbox is full - I’ll need to clean house.

I’m the only person that ever uploaded anything as of right now @Kites

And apparently someone deleted the zip file of my Tape o.O

Was it really that bad? >.>

What? I didn’t even get a chance to listen to it.

WTF? I have been so slammed with work and family I was so planning to spend some time on this after next week! that sucks…

@KrisM > I’m mean ! I mean, I’m in, if you know what I’m in.

Is this project dead or alive ???