Line in/Sampling issue. Please help!

I just got my OP-1 in a few days ago and immediately I was interested in sampling drums from songs into it (in a similar vein to what you would do with chopping up records into an old MPC). I came across a great video of someone on youtube attaching their phone to the line in via auxillary cable to sample drums from Youtube/spotify etc.

So I tried the same but for some reason the audio from my phone is very slightly distorted and sounds like a very deep and saturated phaser is applied to it.

I checked and made sure the LFO and fx were both switched off in drum mode. I tried it on another phone and with other 3.5mm cords. I tried having the audio come out of a monitor and the internal speaker seperately and it still happens through both. When I try the drum sounds that come preloaded on the op-1 they also sound like theyre running through a phaser.

Im open to all suggestions! Please help me!

(Ill post a video once Im home later today For reference).

what about the master fx? did u check that too?

1 Like

I did to an extent. I take it that you mean checking to see if an lfo and/or fx are engaged on the mixer section correct?

yes the tape/mixer effect

u could also maybe try a factory reset if all else fails

Ill give those things a check later. If that fails then ill factory reset and if that fails ill post a clip of the issue.

You were correct! I had CWO on in the mixer section -_- Thanks for that!

1 Like