Live Video (as opposed to animations) in Videolab

Hey there,

I’m surprised that I can’t find this video anywhere on the internet. I’m wondering if the OPZ can sequence video recordings (of, you know, reality) in Videolab, as opposed to just 3D animations? The little camcorder icon on the OPZ would seem to indicate that this is possible, but I can’t find any instance of this anywhere.

cheers,
Jaren

Is video lab vector based? If so that might mean no to video footage.

But my knowledge of image editing is about 20 years out of date.

yes it can.

it’s possible but I don’t think anybody has made or released a video pack that works with a video camera. You will likely need to make it work yourself.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this!! It looks like this is live (as in streaming) video, which is a step beyond what I was looking for, I was just hoping using recorded footage would be possible.

This makes me excited, thank you! Please, anyone with other media or info, please post below :slight_smile:

I have not been able to get it to work yet but supposedly it should maybe probably work.

not to beat an old thread. but yes it works. attach a videoplayer component to your main camera and feed it an h264. you can also trigger the clip via an active out node in klak.