looking for a small mixer for POs and volca

Can you recommend me a small passive (or battery powered active) mixer which has four or more 3.5mm inputs (so that I don’t have to use adapters)

I have seem the rolls MX41b but it’s a bit expensive for me at £90

Ahem https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1760/new-8-channel-mixers-available-now#latest

Neat. What does the underside of the PCB look like (just worried about shorting)

You mentioned POTs?

There are rubber feet underneath (see pic) never had any problems with shorting. Currently no versions with pots are available, they never sold well as it is easy to set volume on PO’s and Volcas :slight_smile:

ah, little rubber feet!
so … you have a range of them?

There are rubber feet underneath (see pic) never had any problems with shorting. Currently no versions with pots are available, they never sold well as it is easy to set volume on PO's and Volcas :)

Do you think you will make a version with pots again? Your four channel model with them is exactly what I’m looking for.

First post here after winning an OP-1 auction on eBay (irrelevant but I’m chuffed).

I see you’re from the UK, I found this in Maplin earlier: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/prosound-4-channel-stereo-mixer-my96e

4 Channel stereo, battery powered mixer for £30. They had them on the shelf in my local. (Sheffield)

The one you linked to is a microphone mixer.

@no3rdw I have these in stock

darenager, how do I go about buying one of the four channel with pots from you?

I have the same question @darenager - how much is this shipped to the US?

@no3rdw PM sent!

Now that I have ordered one of darenger's mixers, I need stuff to connect to it :)

I've got a Volca sample, and PO20+PO24 and a monotron, but I'm looking for small synths, effects boxes or other such toys to play with.

Thinking about a microgranny and a volca keys, (and later a volca fm when I learn more about patching)

Very tempted with the moog verkstatt and the MFB Nanozwerg

Any advice beyond these?

At the risk of stating the obvious…OP-1 ?

Other than that, Roland Boutiques. I have the JP-08, JU-06, JX-03 and VP-03 but sounds like you might like the A-01, which I believe can be had for £169 including the keyboard dock.

CB

microgranny is great fun and werkstatt is great for learning basics of synthesis.

Meeblip is nice and inexpensive,

what about some drums - a PO12 or a PO32

Totally agree on the Roland Boutique : I like Volcas automation but I love the Boutique sound better :smiley:

Totally dig the JX-03, it offers quite some possibilities with 2 osc and 6 ways to combine them. It’s rather cheap these days, new or used.

To go along with the Microgranny, I’d recommend the Bastl Trinity Drum. Fun little lo-fi glitchy drum machine and when attached to the Microgranny via the side connectors, the Microgranny can start slicing and shuffling in proportion to the clock/rhythm. Add in the Bastl Trinity MIDI/Sync connector and then you can drive Volcas and Pocket Operators off of that same clock with ease.

what about some drums - a PO12 or a PO32

I have the Volca Sample to cover drums. I’m tempted by the PO-12 to compliment the other POs or the PO-32 if loading data can be done with open source tools. But having seen the Roland TB-03, I’m now lost in choice.

… Roland Boutiques. I have the JP-08, JU-06, JX-03 and VP-03 but sounds like you might like the A-01, which I believe can be had for £169 including the keyboard dock.

Oh my, that does look interesting. Fantastic! I will enjoy researching these. Will let you know.

To go along with the Microgranny, I’d recommend the Bastl Trinity Drum. Fun little lo-fi glitchy drum machine and when attached to the Microgranny via the side connectors, the Microgranny can start slicing and shuffling in proportion to the clock/rhythm. Add in the Bastl Trinity MIDI/Sync connector and then you can drive Volcas and Pocket Operators off of that same clock with ease.

and the Roland Boutiques can be synced too I presume?

Werkstatt is great. But the boutiques will play nicer with other gear I suspect.

and the Roland Boutiques can be synced too I presume?

Yep. Boutiques implement MIDI via both DIN and USB. They don’t sync to audio clicks.

CB