Looks like the whole first batch is misprinted...

Guess I can live with the different icons but glow paint would’ve been cool.

Alright, so I’ve played around a bit now with step components and they do actually function as labelled. It’s just there’s a mismatch with the app.

So, for example, press the button labelled as ramp up on the device, you’d get the expected behaviour with the sound, but the app shows the effect as being glide.

It’s confusing because the step component diagram the app generates is already not especially intuitive, and is made completely useless with this mistake.

Seems stupid.

Seems like an easy enough fix in the app. The response about “special edition” or whatever someone got from TE sounds troubling, though. If they do change the layout of the icons on future batches, an OS update to match could create confusion on OG units.

@Lymtronics said:
Seems like an easy enough fix in the app. The response about “special edition” or whatever someone got from TE sounds troubling, though. If they do change the layout of the icons on future batches, an OS update to match could create confusion on OG units.

Yeah, this seems to me like the future firmware update will make our units ‘misprinted’ then…

@Lymtronics said:

The misprinting and the app differences are 2 different things. The misprinting applies to the last 3 step components, the master track and the performance track. If you look at those icons in the manual vs what you have you’ll notice. The order of the step components should not be changing. I think it’s just a screw up in the app.

Thanks @sammyjams looks like the mixer icon is slightly different too.

Alright this turns out to be not a problem at all for me.
After reading the reddit post I thought all the step component icons were shifted but these are just different icons for a few of the same functions. That’s actually kind of cool! :slight_smile:

The op z is not even on the TE store anymore???

@oxxi said:
haha it has low battery life… it’s misprinted, hooray for burdens. So much fun. (TE sense of humor). Last time I pre-order. I learned my lesson.

…well…The op z is not even on the TE store anymore???..no preorders…nothing…

1st batch was beta…now we wait for another year, FALL 2019 the real-release of the OP-Z

@RisingSon said:
1st batch was beta…now we wait for another year, FALL 2019 the real-release of the OP-Z

Ohhhhh…ok…whatever…the op z saga is beyond me…i give up!!!

haha…just kidding. honestly I have no clue what’s up :slight_smile:

@skintechnician said:
Thanks @sammyjams looks like the mixer icon is slightly different too.

You’re right I hadn’t noticed that. Uses the former master icon for the mixer it seems

@RisingSon said:
haha…just kidding. honestly I have no clue what’s up :slight_smile:

they have no clue either obviously…i do have the op1 for 2 years now but after all this mess there is no way i would get an opz…i was interested in it a year back but now you dont get a product, you are gambling…no thanks…i hope people who got them dont regret it
The release of opz has made the op1 nearly impossible to get now

Have confirmed that the printed buttons perform the actions for their icons… Seems like they can easily change the app to be consistent, and continue production with the same icon order.

Didn`t Elektron has a similar issue with the Digitakt/tone? Unlucky year for buttons.

@jim said:
Didn`t Elektron has a similar issue with the Digitakt/tone? Unlucky year for buttons.

No that was button put in upside down or two ‘no’ buttons instead of a ‘yes & a no’ button

You can just pop the Digitakt button out and rotate it.

If you got two ‘no’ buttons they sent a ‘yes’ button to you and an elektron T-shirt free

@MirEko said:
If you got two ‘no’ buttons they sent a ‘yes’ button to you and an elektron T-shirt free.

@RisingSon said:

lol. seems like the 2016/2017 op-1 firmware release all over again. They are so good at making promises then …

@kingof9x said:

@RisingSon said:

lol. seems like the 2016/2017 op-1 firmware release all over again. They are so good at making promises then …

What happened? I bought my OP-1 at the end of 2016.