Looks like the whole first batch is misprinted...

we are in late-stage capitalism and have about twenty years left before climate change induces the collapse of society.
just be happy that you are the lucky ones that can get a misprinted, poorly marketed expensive product from company that doesn’t return your emails in 24 hours.
as guy lombardo put it…“enjoy your opz, it’s later than you think”

All this first batch is beta tosh is a bit over the top. Mine works perfectly, I haven’t run in to any issues or bugs yet (which is amazing) and I am glad I have it now. 6 hour battery life is fine, you can carry extra batteries if you need longer (unlike the op1)

Wasn’t all the data about battery life and dayglow paint on the page they never officially published (we just found the link) if so they can hardly be held to account!

^ Attention: Possible case of cognitive dissonance :slight_smile:

TE updated the iOS app and the “misprinting” is now fixed! :wink:

It’s an amazing little machine

Ummm… sorry about that. My government just pledged public money to build more coal power stations and I was pissed

1 Like

@punji said:

That’s hilarious! :smiley:

But seriously, this little thing is pretty amazing not to mention very fun to play with. Sadly I’m not getting anywhere near 6 hours… more like 4 (if that), and I have zero regrets! I’ve played with it for maybe 6 hours on it’s own, even considering how expandable it is blows my mind. That being said, I keep wondering if TE will implement a kind of synth store to monotize sounds and future patches as a ppu license ala I tunes? I may be way off here but I can see it happening quite easily. I’m not even sure if it would bother me at this point as it would assure vigorous développement if successful. I’m even considering one of those fancy leather cases now that I’ve had the thing in hand. my octatrack is gonna jizz Thé moment I introduce them to each other… it’s not for sawed off imps who still worship their navel though.

(In my defence I put my back out, and consequently, am in a jacuzzi having doubled up the PKs, winking so I can focus on what’s being poorly typed on a phone…)

That being said, I keep wondering if TE will implement a kind of synth store to monotize sounds and future patches as a ppu license ala I tunes? I may be way off here but I can see it happening quite easily. I’m not even sure if it would bother me at this point as it would assure vigorous développement if successful. >

If they charge money for new sounds, I will be okay with it if it is like £2 / $3 for a new synth engine. However, if it’s more like £10 / $15 for a new engine, I will be really dissapointed.

Let’s hope they continue to develop new engines and fx for free like they did with OP-1

Im still puzzled as to why only two parameters can be adjusted for the synth engines. Is there another layer im missing?

@punji said:

? not in this case.

I hadn’t read how long the battery life was supposed to last, so wasn’t disappointed (I still do not know where people are reading this, I can’t find anything on the TE site, but i am an overbridge MK2 user so it’s water of a ducks back!)

I used it today from fully charged, no screen from an overnight charge, was composing normally for just over 3 hours and when I put the screen on had 84 percent left.

I’m not conflicted at all, I think it’s great…

Sure, I was just trolling… I get this felling that most people are in awe with the OP-Z and unable to see any faults in it :smile:

@LushHigh said:
What happened? I bought my OP-1 at the end of 2016.

I think it was 2015 when they promised a firmware update for 2016. It didn’t come out until 2017.

@punji said:
Sure, I was just trolling… I get this felling that most people are in awe with the OP-Z and unable to see any faults in it :smile:

Honeymoon phase for me for sure…

Deleted

TE Sports

It’s in the game

@Sully500 said:
Reading about all these problems (especially the battery life) is making me pretty regretful for ordering this thing. I placed my from a dealer, if it has none of the issues mentioned upon arrival I’ll probably keep it. If it has any of them I’ll just return it I think. I feel like Teenage Engineering wants to be the Apple of synth gadgets so badly that they’re taking cues from their marketing/customer service approach. Or maybe EA is a better comparison, the modules do feel slightly like tacked on money grabs, if they start selling DLC packs of synth engines then that’s the end of it.

Learn to stand by your products for christ’s sake Teenage Engineering. You charge enough money for your products that us consumers shouldn’t have to be penalized for backing you.

TE has gone the Apple way long ago. I very much doubt if i will keep mine when it arrives. The battery problem is the deal beaker for me but not because it particularly matters to me if it has a 5 hour life. Its just seems insane that for 3 years they advertise this as the tiny machine ( dream machine?!) that fits in your pocket , you can take it anywhere etc etc and then cancel the number one selling point by a ridiculous battery life. They could have made it the size of the op1 or even bigger, the tiny size becomes a minus tot a plus. I simply cannot understand how they could possible be working on this for years and get the battery life wrong

Yes, poor battery life means poor portability. It may be firmware related though

You’ll love it when you get it!

@PLNB said:
Im still puzzled as to why only two parameters can be adjusted for the synth engines. Is there another layer im missing?

on the op-1 there were only 4 parameters, and not all of them were useful…
i’d rather just have the params that sound good, and leave out the unlistenable digital tweaks

@wunderhorn1 said:

@PLNB said:

on the op-1 there were only 4 parameters, and not all of them were useful…
i’d rather just have the params that sound good, and leave out the unlistenable digital tweaks

I would argue that it’s quite subjective which parameters sound good :slight_smile: