Love to see an iPad companion dongle.

In a past thread, I took the position that some connectivity to iOS devices would somehow sully the otherwise-pristine, closed ecosystem that the OP-1 represents.

But, after seeing the Volca Sample companion iPhone app, I must admit, the idea of a dedicated app for updating OP-1 firmware, and managing samples & patches... well... ME LIKE!

After all, it's not like any of those things can be done without a PC / Mac connection, anyway. So why not create a way to keep the whole thing mobile-friendly? A standard app / CCK would fit the bill nicely, but hell.... I'd gladly drop an extra $50 USD to see such functionality w/ a dedicated TE dongle / app combo.

I already do that with my iPad with a wifi usb/card reader. (apart from fw updates)

I already do that with my iPad with a wifi usb/card reader. (apart from fw updates)

Really?

Once connected via Wifi to the iPad, what app do you open to view & transfer the files?

This is not really a problem, except if you’re all iOS. Any modern Android phone and an USB OTG cable can mount the OP-1’s flash disk. (An apparently some workarounds exist for iOS as well…)

But granted, an app for managing stashes of tapes would be pretty sweet. Still, I personally hope that’s not a development priority for TE…

Really?

Once connected via Wifi to the iPad, what app do you open to view & transfer the files?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Memory-Card-Readers/Apotop/Apotop-Wireless-Card-Reader-for-iPhone-and-iPad

Comes with its own free app called Wi-Reader

Plug in SD card, usb drive, OP-1 etc

This is not really a problem, except if you're all iOS. Any modern Android phone and an USB OTG cable can mount the OP-1's flash disk. (An apparently some workarounds exist for iOS as well...)

But granted, an app for managing stashes of tapes would be pretty sweet. Still, I personally hope that's not a development priority for TE...

If you try out the Volca Sample app, you’d feel how elegant the whole thing seems.

Volca Sample is only silghtly easier to update.

I use the Apotop and an old 64gb ipod for my storage and file transfers when away from computer.

I don’t think TE will be making such a thing when there’s already solutions out there.
I did a video showcasing the apotop transfer procedure and they posted it on their social channels.

(View the video in YouTube site so that you see the comments overlayed over video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUXqrfalqQ

platform dependence is vile

(and don’t get me started on the volca sample, it can’t even sample. f that pos.)

^totally agree. not a true sampler. And its portable but still no input. very sad. But a very enjoyable sample masher sequencer nonetheless

platform dependence is vile

(and don't get me started on the volca sample, it can't even _sample_. f that pos.)

I concur. I did send mine back. But in all fairness, the connectivity w/ the app was the sexiest part.

Also, OP-1 might not be OS-dependent, but you can’t get very far w/o clearing space, and you sure as shit need to connect it somewhere to do that!

I’d rather have the option to dump to my phone, than to be tethered to a notebook or desktop as my only option.

Anyway, went w/ the $60 Winbook tablet. Works like Le charm.