Maschine mk3

Didn’t get on with my mk1 To be honest. The big attraction this time round for me is the inputs and integrated audio interface.
I really hope that a Push 3 comes out with a built in audio interface, I long for the day I can ditch my interface and wires.

Has the work flow changed much since the early days?

Anyway interested to see how this develops, Especially on the sampling side of things.

Strangely this coming out has peaked my Push gas. :confused:
Any recommendations on push 2? Are you still reaching for the mouse?

Did you ever use the 2.0 software? definite improvements.

However, I’m still a little pissy with NI that they announced in 2015 that they would fix long-ignored issues (proper working within host DAW, proper time-stretch, audio track play-through) but have instead just dropped two new pieces of hardware (Jam and MK3) that you cannot buy separately from the software (!) instead.

I still use it all the time to make drum loops as the built-in sounds DESTROY ableton’s in every way IMO. I then drop loops/ideas into Ableton for further tweaking.

I haven’t used Push2, but I find the 1 to be not nearly as quick as Maschine. YMMV tho.

I think it was 2 yeah, whatever the one with the drum synths that came out.

Good point on buying the software again!

I’ve never gelled with Maschine.

I had a Mikro and won a full-size Mk2 in a faceplate design competition.

The Maschine Expansion packs are great - great drum libraries and they come with pre-programmed beats which are great for starting a track off but I never build stuff in Maschine. Just don’t get it. Much prefer Ableton.

The new Mk3 looks great though - they’ve removed labelling from the unit and have them on-button now - probably like Push - and made it a neat size for having so much packed inside.

Hope Push goes down the audio interface route too. I’d probably sell my mk2 and soundcard to replace with a Push Mk3 if this was the case.

Yeah I really like the idea of the integrated sound card. Maybe something might get announced at the forthcoming Ableton loop event.
Been avidly watching push 2 vids and it’s really peaked my interest, but it’s alot of dough for just a controller. It currently costs the same here in Aus as the new Maschine +software+ builtin audio interface. As I have live suite it’s not a huge issue but the Maschine looks good bang for buck. But then I never got on with the software, and I need to research how it handles long audio samples, if at all. The sampling flow on the push looks good bar the connecting to an interface. I over read everything I could on the MPC live which I was really interested but got put off by the hugely variety of view points on it.

@hindsite m8! (I’m in Melbourne)

Maschine is fine for audio with long tails: you either set the envelope up (a la Ableton Sampler) or switch to one-shot mode (a la Ableton Simpler). I played a gig a while back where i was triggering off some spoken-word (mainly bits from Apolcalypse Now) and it worked perfectly for it.

Def agree that in the next few years we’ll see (hopefully) an abundance of interface/controller combos!
@hindsite m8! (I'm in Melbourne)

Maschine is fine for audio with long tails: you either set the envelope up (a la Ableton Sampler) or switch to one-shot mode (a la Ableton Simpler). I played a gig a while back where i was triggering off some spoken-word (mainly bits from Apolcalypse Now) and it worked perfectly for it.

Def agree that in the next few years we'll see (hopefully) an abundance of interface/controller combos!

@Millbastard Melbourne here to mate. As far as long audio samples I mean more plug a synth say in, jam and then chop samples afterwards. I’ll see how both products (if Ableton do release anything) pan out. Beatmaker 3 should tide me over till then. In no hurry to buy into a biannual controller update cycle. I guess that’s the beauty of something like an OT or MPC.