Maximum sample storage of 32MB

This is in the manual. Is it 32 MB per sample patch? Or is it really 32 MB at all. This must be a joke right?

Or am I getting something wrong?

32MB at the OP-1 sample rate should give about 4 minutes, right?

The guide says “you can store a total of 32 MB of sample data.” so I understand that is NOT per patch.

That’s plenty- the Elektron Digitakt (which is just a sampler) only has 64MB…you have 4-5 minutes, you need a like a few seconds for a drum patch…

Memory is so cheap nowadays…I don‘t get that. Make it 128 and you drown in samples…,

1 Like

if i can get by w/ 1.5mb on the mpc60
can make multiple beats w/ only 1.5 actually

…u can surely get by w/ 32mb! cmon :slight_smile:

It’s 25MB free btw

@docshermsticks said:

You are surely right. Its just that more wouldnt hurt anyone. But when I have it, I will probably not complain.

@adge said:

@docshermsticks said:

You are surely right. Its just that more wouldnt hurt anyone. But when I have it, I will probably not complain.

I agree that it’s weird in this time when a GB is almost free…

Perhaps it has to be fast storage, or it is mirrored into fast memory for use during playback. Simple flash storage might be cheap, but it is slow. Just a thought.

TE limitations are standard. Embrace.

@Sparky said:
Perhaps it has to be fast storage, or it is mirrored into fast memory for use during playback. Simple flash storage might be cheap, but it is slow. Just a thought.

Yeah think so too. Audio is always quite difficult because latency needs to be really low