Midi. Ipad + op1. Ipad sequences start a step early.

Using OP tape transport to start/stop Funkbox’s internal sequencer. Noticed that when I start OP tape the funkbox sequencer will always start from the final step in the sequence. Not the first. Any ideas what’s happening? Thanks.

do not use midi. just hit play on both machines, setup with same tempo. best sync ever.

Try the midi monitor app on ipad to diagnose if something funky is going on? Did u try to google if other funkbox users have problems too with midi sync? Don’t have funkbox so can’t help u there…

Personally could never get midi to work, in or out, about to give up on that, but midi flow app has been mentioned on here. I’ve yet to try it though.

Try the midi monitor app on ipad to diagnose if something funky is going on? Did u try to google if other funkbox users have problems too with midi sync? Don't have funkbox so can't help u there...

in my case i dont have midi box but DM-1 and its absolutly horrible the sync. but i think thats the app itself that is shit. cause other apps run very well with midi sync.

Thanks for the suggestions. Might try that midi diagnosis app. Be a shame to have to resort to manual sync as it seems solid except for sequences starting from the wrong step…

Im a couple of years late to the party regarding Funkbox! Nice looking/sounding app. Just wondering if the OP-1 sync issue was resolved??

which OS version? e.g. they didn’t fix SPP up until the official release.

Same experience. Tape sync is sketchy. If you sync ableton to it you can watch then timing fluctuations.

which OS version? e.g. they didn't fix SPP up until the official release.

Ive yet to purchase the app, just wondering before any potential headaches

For whatever it’s worth, I’ve had some MIDI latency issues on ipad pro on both iOS 10 and 11, various apps, various controllers, but it’s usually remedied by unplugging/reinserting the aux cable in the headphone jack. It never seems to happen when I use an audio interface and bluetooth MIDI controllers, only USB controllers with the camera connection kit.