Midi only - silence patch

Hey guys,

new user here​:sunglasses: hello community :v:
I have a question:
Say I want to use certain tracks (e.g. Chords) for sequencing ios synths. Use the ccs available on the opz and map them within AUM. I thought, to be able to use all available ccs, especially the amp page poses a problem. When using the volume dial, it always turns the volume of the loaded patch up/down as well. I thought I’ll put a 6sec silence aif file in there and that would do the trick. But no. It won’t work somehow. It always loads some kind of generic patch. How can I circumvent that issue? Has anyone a pointer on how to use midi only within a track?

Cheers and thank you for your time🍻

Best, Daniel

In the mixer mode, if you press the shift button followed by which track you want silent, it will only mute the audio of a track. The only downside is that you need to do this on every mute group if you are using those, otherwise when you switch to a new mute group the track will sound again.

kinda sucks to waste a slot but u can just make a silent synth patch and load it up on your track

there may even already be one on op1.fun or something

Hi guys, thank you so much for your replies. I rendered a silence 6sec aiff file using audacity. Then converted it to an aif file using the site made by gero take (http://gerotakke.de/op-z-sample/op-z-samples.md.html). Sadly, that somehow is not working, the slot I put the file in is blinking :thinking:… And it’s playing the generic patch when choosing that slot.

I would rather use an empty (silent) patch then going through that mute group hassle. Albeit that (thanks for the suggestion) seems like the only way as of now :confused:. Maybe someone chimes in with a working file (no silence/silent/Dummy file on op.fun). :wave:

How do you all using tracks as midi only?

if u are on the latest firmware i don’t think u need to use that tool or even convert to .aiff

i thought u could just drop wavs in there now and it would do the conversion for u, no??

Can’t you just pick a synth track, pick an engine, go to the yellow page and turn the level (red dial) all the way down?

You can also save that as a preset, for future use.