Midi problems

Hi I can’t seem to get the midi working. oplab is on midi in and out, settings in op-z are all on except midi echo. tried several trs to midi thingies. Hope you have an idea? many thanks in advance.

When you play a note, does the tiny led light activate on the module output jack? If yes, the opz sends midi and the issue may be on the receiving device. If no, make sure the track you use is allowed to send midi. If still no light, try to take the module out and put it back in, make sure that the lock also snaps in.

the midi output: It is strange sometimes it blinks a little, even though the midi channel is muted (yellow light off). I took the module out and put it back in. still the same everything.

Midi clock is sent even when all tracks are midi-muted, if activated in the midi settings.

all the lights are yellow so that means [on] I pressume. I click the button and adjust to the right midi channel out but nothing happens. I tried now with many different trs adapters, I know it has to be
type-A cable

Midi settings: everything is [on]

plug your Z into your computer or phone / tablet
fire up a midi monitor program / app
and see what is actually going on

helps so much with midi shit.
take the guesswork out of it

this will tell u whether or not the Z is even sending the messages out or not
among other things
then u can backtrack it and try to isolate what your issue is

also are u absolutely positively sure your trs adapters are type A?

1 Like

Ok apparently all my trs to midi connectors were type B. Schneidersladen helped me out with the befaco right ones!!! 3 for 10€ & Type A :slight_smile: thank you all for your help

3 Likes