Moog, DSI, Elektron, OPZ, another OP1? Help me spend my $$$!!!

i dunno much about mpc live but i heard that some of the horsepower/functionality is reduced when used in standalone mode….?

The MPC Live looks like a very nice machine, different in approach than the Octatrack with different results. It’s fun to see how different two versions of the same thing (a sampler) can be.

Being able to use it on the bus is a big advantage over the OT or most samplers really other than the OP-1. I saw a video of a dude using it as a field recorder, so it’s flexible. Wait for the reviews once it hits the streets, I guess.

Hey with two OP-1s there is no need for midi sync at all. No drift what so ever , as it uses the same processor . Just hit play on both machines and it’ll be locked. If missed play by a fraction,use blue in tape like a pair of turn tables . Two OP-1s is an absolute blast. Two sequencers at once . Consolidate a busy tape onto the other with tape tricks and loops .two keyboards , two screens open at once, seq or synth on one, tape on the other. All that’s needed is and audio cable between the two.
I’ve got an Octatrack but often prefer firing the OP-1s at each other instead of OP-1>OT.(And I love the OT.So many users say Gas ends with OT&OP-1).
You mentioned the Volca Sample. I’ve just bought a VolcaFM and that’s a lovely machine.

Yeah holding out for user reviews of the MPC live makes sense atm. If it’s solid I’m hyped to grab one. The portability/daw integration makes it super practical for my circumstances. I won’t be selling my OT tho :wink:

OP said he was looking at knobby synths too. Dont forget MFB Dominion One. I got one a few months back. Amazing synth. Everything is a sweet spot. Recommended…

And elektron Analog Keys. So underrated in terms of actual sound. Too many shitty videos out there and the presets suck. But it can sound amazing in the right hands and does A LOT. Tho the UI is kind of lame if you’re looking for ‘knob per function’ /instant gratification etc.

Forgot about the Dominion One, man that thing screamed analogue grittness! Id love for MFB to release a rack of it, the synth is pretty big!

Forgot about the Dominion One, man that thing screamed analogue grittness! Id love for MFB to release a rack of it, the synth is pretty big!

Like the Dominion X?

http://greatsynthesizers.com/en/test/mfb-dominion-x-the-oscar-effect/

Like the Dominion X?

http://greatsynthesizers.com/en/test/mfb-dominion-x-the-oscar-effect/

Oof! Bang goes your cash!

I have an Octatrack ( even 2 ! ) , a tempest , an OP1 , and OPZ.

All these machines cannot be compared to eacj other .
they are all fucking good machines !!
all their workflow are different . Again , not one is better than another on , it is just different . I personnaly love alL . Putting my hands on these machines makes me just different style of music …

I have maybe a preferecne for teh tempest , as the workflow is really efficient to me . And the sound of this machine is so amazing , it is an extremely DEEEEP machine if you have knowledge in substractive syntesis , you can creat ewhatever sound you can imagine .
As a synth , yes it is fat , because of 5 OSC ( 2 analog, 2 digital , 1 sub osc ) per voice and feedback !