MTP Tape Name error

I just encountered an error on my OP-1 Field while trying to use MTP.
2 different Macs with Fieldkit installed, 3 different USB cables and the Field shows this same screen every time. Anyone else see this one yet?

MTP has been dodgy at best, I’m sure they’ll make strides with it but it’s a mess right now in my experience.

EDIT: SOLVED!

I had the name “EMPTY” for a few tapes and that was causing MTP to fail. I guess that’s why the auto new name creates a unique name.

2 Likes

the frustration of not being able to figure out why something is not working is only exceeded by the joy and relief of solving the problem!

3 Likes

Every single time!

I hope this helps someone else who will inevitably do the same thing.

1 Like

thats why this forum is such a great resource: eventually every possible challenge will appear with its solution (especially since TE, for some reason that I cannot possibly understand, gives little or no documentation about how to use their products!)

I sent this info to TE, though I’m not sure they’ll consider it a bug. But it’s deposited here.
This is indeed a great place for TE users to get the missing info from the manuals or help troubleshooting when these sorts of issues arise.

1 Like

I think it is a bug, because if part of the system crashes when tapes have identical names, either that should not happen, or it should not allow you to create multiple tapes with the same name.

True, it should’t be allowed if it’s going to crash. I’ll report back here if they respond and log it.

1 Like

Thanks for both posting the issue/fix, as well as sending to TE.

1 Like

TE support said: “we have now forwarded the info to our developers that will look into it!”

1 Like