NAMM 2017 - Winter NAMM

Hope the second unit on the third series is a sampler!

I am able to wait, guess it takes time to develop this beauties

That is very unlikely… the PO hardware is meant for pure synthesis.

That is *very* unlikely... the PO hardware is meant for pure synthesis.

Oh. Well then hopefully they develop a completely different product focused on sampling only? One can dream

Maybe they will go the Iphone route and make a bigger PO?

Maybe they will go the Iphone route and make a bigger PO?

Instead of a Pocket Operator, it’ll be, like, a Satchel Operator

Maybe they do a partnership with Elektron and come up with a Pocket Octatrack? :slight_smile:

You mean like a Pocktatrack or Pocket Octarator?

Can’t believe another NAMM is nearly over. I always enjoy it and for me it’s been another excellent one. Great to see the new PO Tonic and OP-Z looking and sounding great!

Kind of a slow year all around. Elektron had the biggest news with their new machine and the OPZ details were great. Nothing from Roland Korg Moog. DSI just a revision of a boring old product. Akai was huge but the announcement actually didn’t come at Namm

I liked the idea of Moog to celebrate the deceased Moog players…

I might be a candid person, but it didn’t feel like a marketing move in Sonicstate video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2HGndAdoE
I liked the idea of Moog to celebrate the deceased Moog players...
I might be a candid person, but it didn't feel like a marketing move in Sonicstate video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2HGndAdoE

Been watching how much they’ve been giving away. Very generous!
I guess rather than investing money in making/finishing new products for NAMM they’ve just pumped it into giving away prizes.
I agree with you that it doesnt feel like a pure marketing move, it’s a very genuine giveaway - what I’ve liked about it is that they are giving it away to a wide range of people and people of all ages who’d maybe never even thought of owning a Moog before.
A great way to spread their brand name … mind you, it’s not as if many people DON’T know Moog :wink:

Yeah, giveaway is a cool idea.

But using a NAMM show to celebrate the loss of people who really contribute to make music different from what it was before them, this is the best part :slight_smile: