Need replacement screws for connector board

Hey all - I traded someone on craigslist some gear for an OP-1 was having issues with the headphone jack. I opened it up to find two of the screws missing that hold the board in place, and no washer for the hole closest to the power switch. Could anyone tell me what size screw + washer I need to replace what’s missing?

The previous owner is long gone so I can’t ask him if he has them somewhere unfortunately.

Thanks!

Ok, I opened mine up but the screws are too tiny to easily identify. I am assuming they are metric, they caliper at 1.94 mm diameter and about 2.5 mm length below the head. The washer measures 2.2 mm ID by about 4.3 mm OD. My local supplier (I am a parts person by day) has a 2mm set screw I am going to try, but they aren’t open for another hour. I will report back with more info as I find it.

1 Like

So I can’t find a small enough hex key to try the set screw in the OP-1 but this picture shows that it seems to be a match. If I were a betting man I would say you are looking for M2-0.40 x 2.5mm machine screws.
Edited to add that the set screw in the picture is 3mm long.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, if they’re not exactly right this is as good a starting place as I could hope for. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your missing screws and washer, but it’s great that you were able to get an OP-1 in a trade. I’ve had a similar issue before and know how frustrating it can be. My personal opinion is that it would be best to use additional fasteners. Because the main thing in such matters is how firmly everything is held. I think the last thing you want is for the structure to collapse. In terms of replacement screws and washers, I would recommend checking out Scrooz, one of Australia’s online fastener suppliers. Here’s the link to their website https://www.scrooz.com.au/. You should be able to find the exact size screw and washer you need for your OP-1 there.

I don’t want to get your hopes up but when I got my replacement board from TE it came with hardware. I will look to see if I can locate the screws but I may have used them for something else.

You can try reaching out to TEs support and they may help you out

Realized I never updated this - the M2-0.40 x 2.5mm machine screws did the job!

2 Likes