New OP-1 Field 😮

At that price I would have expected to see some cutting edge stuff like new gen E-Ink Kaleido, that would have been a dream for daylight use!

1 Like

I hate to take their side, they are rediculous… but lcd does last much longer and I would choose it everytime… plus lots of stuff is lcd still, my mpc live 2 retro is a lcd touch screen.

3 Likes

Current rev.2 AMOLED panel is rated for a minimum of 24.000 hours of use. Yes it’s less than an LCD but not that bad, it’s supposed to last at least 10 years of daily 6.5hr long sessions.

1 Like

Just a question because I wasn’t able to find anything in the manual: in the TX6 field mixer the headphone jack is a TRS jack with the option of using a headset… this in addition to the extra input jack at the side. Is the output jack of the op1 field the same? Or is it just a stereo output jack like in the original?

Anyone heard from TE a recent update on when Field will ship?

Hi @daedalus1115, not really. I created a thread covering this, hopefully someone will update on there soon.

It’ll be 2 weeks on Thursday since launch, and the confirmation email of my order said shipping would take 2 to 3 weeks - I’m hoping for shipping confirmation in the next 10 days or so :crossed_fingers:

Link to delivery info thread: Op 1F delivery updates/ info - #25 by boyratty2019

TRS is standard stereo jack.
Are you talking about TRRS?

1 Like

Yes. Sorry about that.

Good overview and discussion with a few of the developers.

Main takeaways:

• 256gb of RAM (4x the original)
  • Unclear on the internal storage, although it’s definitely more than the OG. They got a little uncomfortable when asked why there was no SD card option.
  • most of the new features on this model cannot be implemented on the OG due to hardware limitations.
  • the screen is slightly larger and has a higher pixel resolution than the original.

This is absolutely not the OP-2, and isn’t intended to be. It’s a tech and hardware refresh of the original.

5 Likes

Was nice to see one of the team say they arnt ready to abandon the OP-1 completely, tho that was nothing definitive at all.

its 256 MB (!) of ram / memory. not storage

2 Likes

So how much sample storage is there? 256mB RAM - OS?

They say over 160 min. Of sample storage.

This still isn’t a big amount relative to other devices, but it’s 4x the RAM of the original OP-1, which is a meaningful improvement.

OG’s sampler/tape format is 16bit/44.1khz/mono, and Field is 32bit/48khz?/stereo. Even if memory and storage increased 4x, the feel might still be the same…

1 Like

But still no reviews on YouTube almost 2 weeks after the announcement. Strange.

6 Likes

Price of aluminum really hit the packaging department this time.

5.7 GB internal memory!

5 Likes

Fact or dream?

Saw it confirmed on reddit

1 Like