New OP-1 Field 😮

Great vid. Did you say the Field is heavier than the original?

I don’t have scales but it certainly feels significantly heavier

1 Like

Has anyone loaded in a tape from their OG on to the field? Wonder if it will be capable of remembering the bpm of each tape?

1 Like

Are there any videos of how the new Hold sequencer works?

I’ll upload a video now

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you for the video! Quick question- if you press a key and it’s note is held, without pressing anything else (playing with hold or anything), what happens if you press that same key again? Does it disengage or keep droning?

I didn’t cover that explicitly in the video (but I did do it without drawing attention to it, silly me). It disengages the held note(s)

Edit for clarity: If a note is currently being held pressing the note again will disengage the note (regardless of Poly or Mono mode being selected)

If in Poly and you have multiple held notes, pressing the same notes again will disengage them all, where pressing just one will only disengage that one note

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!! Maybe that’s a solution for changing chords then until they implement your idea for how the hold button works?

Yeah it is for simple chords, but for changing between chords where the sum of both chord’s notes is greater than 5, it becomes tricky with limited fingers

1 Like

Tapes don’t have BPM though. It runs at the same speed, no matter what BPM you set, unless you change the tape speed.

1 Like

i just wish they would add an adjustable release envelope to the hold sequencer :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like
10 Likes

Oh wow, those build quality and software issues… I’ll wait for more reviews. Doesn’t look promising :roll_eyes:

That was a great review! Some of those issues look pretty frustrating, others minor nitpicks. Hope the software issues get ironed out. Ngl, this makes me want one.

Could someone post a summary of the software/hardware issues? I don’t have an hour to watch the whole thing!

The hardware seems to be inconsistent assembly with clearances around the knobs, and some of the keys seem to sit higher than others/ slope downwards due to a manufacturing defect. There seemed to be a crashing error with user preset? He mentioned it in the YouTube comments.

2 Likes

Looks like your standard run of the mill first off the line issues. Software patches will be forthcoming, and I think TE will smooth out the production line, and hopefully replace any faulty units. (For the money they’re charging, I’d expect nothing less)

Once they do, (and once the price is addressed) I’ll be getting one. Looks like a well designed and engineered upgrade, just let down by some bugs and some new processes.

3 Likes

At least it does not have a bent body nor double trigger keys… :rofl:

3 Likes

Chances of TE adding to the field series at NAMM this week? I’m guessing fairly high.

4 Likes