New transferred sample folders are gone

I’ve been transferring sample patches folders, by Cuckoo and OP1.fun. Managed to import about 10 folders. For some reason, tried to add more folders - which seems to be copied - but then, they do not appear on OP-1 Field, and when I reconnect OP-1F to my laptop - they do not appear in the folder.
What would you suggest?
Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d say it’s because you probably hit the 500 limit. As @rephazer said in another thread, there’s a 500 user preset/samples limit on the op1f which is easily reachable quickly.
Had the same issue a while back.
I don’t know why FieldKit never issued a warning, the process seemed to go through everytime. But after uploading new samples, they never appeared.
After checking the numbers, I had reach that 500 limit, thus making it impossible to upload new sounds.
It’s hard to say without being in front of the unit, but I suspect it might be your issue here

1 Like

Thank you for your replay! Yeah, apparently it’s the 500 patches limitation. Even with 3 GB of free space… I was hoping that the OP-1 Field would allow a carefree usage, unlike my beloved original OP-1, with its tedious patch management.
I really hope there would be an OS update.
With about 6 GB of a memory, I wish to be able to collect sounds, carefree, without the need to be selective.

1 Like

Glad I could be of help, here.
And yeah. I hear you.
It’s a shame that 500 user slots is the limit. I don’t know why they made it that way - I’m guessing it has to do with swap memory, being able to get the 8 reels no matter what, etc. It is limiting in a frustrating way - especially when you tend to go multi-genres, like I do.
But eventually, I’m trying to convince myself that I really don’t need 1000+ sounds at all times.
It’s just a bit of a hassle to select what samples, what presets you want.
I don’t know if an update is in order here, but reporting this to TE in numbers might convince them someday.

1 Like

Thanks for this post. I spent like an hour today trying to figure this exact issue out while trying to load some new sample packs and finally found this thread. I really hope a firmware update in the future can unlock more sample slots.

2 Likes