OB-4 Update: 1.5.9

Hi Jacobs, I appreciate you trying to help yet using the metronome settings isn’t my problem.
As mentioned some tweaks to the current ones would be welcomed.

did someone already notice the changes within 10.5.10?

there’s now some kind of quick tap magic when you’re listening to a loop or input and tap the input button + a quick turn on the tape dial it can reverse the input / fast forward it and it’s more like a tape fx new to(Slide and pitch up/down, reverse/ff) which are still there.

this can only happen before the display reads „skip“ which is used to skip to other loops. quick tap :broccoli:

it locks the loop to rewind/ff but that behavior can be altered with the standard loop settings to further deform that particular loop.

(please add wireless exchange of loops to a connected op1f) @jacobs

4 Likes

ive started to use my ob-4 looping again recently and since the latest FW update, it seems that after saving a loop it distorts parts of the audio. before saving, it sounds great, but after saving it gets distorted. anyone else experiencing this on the latest FW? (1.5.10)

• bit of context: im using bluetooth as the audio input source and i have 24 loops already

Yes!
I reported this when I had it on 1.5.9, they said they would fix it, and it’s still occuring.

1 Like

@djcuvcuv @joey loops getting corrupted when saved should be fixed in (the just released) 1.5.12.

3 Likes

lol why does TE not announce this with a nice email! i always find out about the ob-4 updates in this forum!

1 Like

i can confirm it fixed the issue for me. it still makes a funny sound while the saving process is happening, but that is prob by design, it sounds bit crushed. but the saved loops are perfectly in tact now! so great!

Thanks for pushing that update.
What happened to 1.5.11 though?

1 Like

semantic versions usually are not “monotonically” increasing but have some sort of other meaning which may increment in some other way, not necessarily one by one. im trying to think of other examples of this (its common) but im drawing a blank.

It did not fix the issue for me. Even before this only happened with longer loops, so it’s probably some RAM thing. However, the sound of the glitches is different, they’re less loud cracks, and now high pitched clicks and pops throughout the loop. Also can anyone explain what clicking the Ortho Remote is supposed to do in the saved loops mode? I read one person saying it retriggered the loop from the beginning, which would be cool. For me, it seems like it tries to do that, like you can see the wheel starts again when you click the remote, but usually it’s a period of silence and then a quick second of sound plays, also I can pitch it up and the little second of sound plays faster, but when I go below the original pitch, the original loop plays in full again. And If I click it at a different point, sometimes a new moment of sound will play. I have gotten it to retrigger that moment but usually the beginning is silent. Having a hard time explaining that, sorry, but I’m pretty sure that’s not what is supposed to happen.

interesting. how many loops do you have saved? i tried just holding loop until it reached the maximum and forced it to stop at whatever point that max time is, and upon saving it sounds perfect still. i only have about 24-25 loop around 8 sec or so a piece on avg

Just had an email advertising the OB-4 (sadly no official update news). One thing stuck out, again, and that’s the alleged 72 hours play time. I’d like to know if anyone has ever come close to getting that much out of their unit as I think mine tops out no longer than 8 hours, although it’s been a while since timing it.

3 Likes

72hrs with the radio it says i think. bluetooth is 40hrs. wow only 8 huh? strange. i have never measured it but i can listen for perhaps 4 or 5 days without having to charge. i keep it on during the workday mostly so 8 * 5 . im getting maybe 40 or so hours but i guess im not letting it die so maybe id get 50 or 55 max? not very precise. 8hrs sounds grossly off spec. sounds like a defect to me.

1 Like

I can confirm I do not get that much at all, even on a full charge if I’m listening at full volume I get a few hours only. It might be accurate for listening at less than half volume, I would charge it maybe once every week.

1 Like

I’ll try and do a test over the next few days to get a more accurate reading.

ah ok i see. wow full volume you listen at? for me even half volume shakes my room. ive never been able to bear even 75%.

Yeah for parties and such, usually not on my own or it’s way too much. Usually I listen to half volume or less if I’m at my desk or someplace similar.

ahh ok yeah, that makes a ton of sense

I have to double check but I think about 30. I’ve filled the entire memory up and then some, for a while now. When you reach the end it just starts overwriting from the beginning. I actually think that it might have something to do with that, kinda like something to do with the RAM being full like I was alluding in my original post. I’ll try again to save something and see but I’m so annoyed of filling my unit up with glitchy loops haha. Not the worst thing, the glitches are less painful, but still.
Also, does anyone have the ortho remote and can confirm what it’s supposed to do when you click it in saved loops mode?

1 Like

ortho remote will perform a loop reset when shortly pressed and if you hold it down it will open the Speed menu but somehow it won’t do any scratching, the display just says “speed” and a bug occurs in loop mode that means if you reset the loop via ortho remote there’s no sound (sometimes a bit) and the tape dial has to be touched in order to play sound again, this can be recreated with every click on the remote.

I’ve asked @jacobs for more instructions or OS tweaks and I’ll update the Ortho Remote Update procedure in order to load the most recent firmware for the Ortho Remote.