OB-4 Update: 1.5.9

New update!
Changelog:

• Updates to the saved loops section of disk mode
  • Updates to loop saving
  • Bug fixes

I’ve noticed a few things from a first glance
First of all they fixed the order of saved loops, so now the first loop you have saved is #1 and then it counts up, instead of the other way around like before
Also, they added a speed mode to loop playback. Previously, you could hold input to adjust the loop length. Now, input is designated to adjusting the speed, and you can hold input + play to adjust the loop length.
You can also use input + tape dial to quickly switch between saved loops.

Was hoping to see a way to be able to delete or export saved loops, maybe through the app, unfortunately I believe that wasn’t included here.

Has anyone found changes I haven’t mentioned?

10 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Thanks for this info. Really wish there would be an update to the OB-4 sample loop management.
I’d like to export, delete, re-order loops—maybe an update to the Orthoplay app?

5 Likes

nice one Joey, cheers!

1 Like

HIya all. I was hoping you could answer a question I have regarding your OB-4 please;
when you have the volume down at the absolute minimum, can you hear any warble/ fluctuation/ sounds coming through? Mine does, on every damn mode, not just the radio.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I’ll check this first thing in the morning

1 Like

no not at all, totally quiet here on mine

3 Likes

Same here. Nothing at all

2 Likes

Mine has still the warbeling issue. In all modes. Even after updating to 1.5.9. It makes me sad that they dont fix it.

2 Likes

@joey were you just notified in the app? I’m not seeing the update. Also, if you register, does TE send out software update emails when there is something new? I usually don’t “hang out” in the orthoplay app :innocent:

2 Likes

I was notified straight in the app.
The OB-4 picture had the word UPDATE across. Couldn’t miss it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a sod. Still find it weird how it’s not the same for every model. Happy others don’t have this issue that were do though.

1 Like

I also dont see it

1 Like

Same here: no update visible on orthoplay.

Still no update for me in the app… so weird

I the same issue… I had to uninstall the app and then reinstall, and the update appeared.

2 Likes

hmm @7liquids , was that iOS or android? I tried on my iPhone and it still isn’t showing up :frowning_face:

Android

Hello, I’m new to the OB-4. It’s fun to create my own karma loops which got me thinking how other than the obvious requests of exporting loops via the app (which I suspect will be a problem as Bluetooth isn’t the best when it comes to large file transfers) I would also like to see some basic drum beats added to the metronome or the current selection of Mantras could be augmented/replaced with something more creative.

I think there’s a bit more that could be added to the OB-4 despite it having a limited number of buttons and dials.

Here’s hoping that the powers that be are cooking something up for a future update…speaking of which mine updated fine using the OrthoPlay App on an old(ish) iPhone.

1 Like

for metronome: OB–4 guide

1 Like