Oh, I'd love an HOLD function on the OP-1! (SOLVED!)

Me (really!) want an HOLD function,
in order to drone without keeping pressed dat keyboard!

All of the sequencers have a HOLD option.

wow haha I’m pretty new to OP-1 but the HOLD feature is pretty prominent on every sequencer

As @bc99 and @lescour1 point out, all of the sequencers have a hold feature. Are you wanting instead the ability to hold a note without re triggering though? A sequencer used with hold and a synth with long decay time and longish attack time will probably sound sustained if you dial it in. Otherwise, maybe a clothes pin?

Use a block of cheese. That way, you can eat it after your set. yum!

1 Like

you can

tip : use endless
shift + blue encoder go into manual mode
register notes/chords with shift + notes
turn blue encoder

voilà true latch on the op1

Me (really!) want an HOLD function, in order to drone without keeping pressed dat keyboard!

1 Like

XD
I know the sequencers have hold, but as @GCF said, I’d like the ability to hold a note without re triggering.
@SLOTH thanks, I will try it.

Use a block of cheese. That way, you can eat it after your set. yum!

This man is a cheesenius

oh boy, got the OP-1 for years and this trick is amazing for just linear sound sculpting and easy made drones!!! thx @sloth

you can

turn blue encoder

btw. it’s even possible to drive from tone to tone this way! and it still works fine if you change the running engine by pressing shift and 1 (synth select)

@johnnyego @rumorazzi

works with midi btw

also try this :

input a couple of chords in a row
set portamento to approx. 80
voice mode poly
adjust env. attack/release to taste
turn blue encoder to drift between chords while droning
spice things up with some delay

enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sloth that Shift+blue thing is an effin nice trick! Mind sticking it into the Tips and Trick thread?

I noticed that it’s six ticks of the blue encoder to advance to the next step. So, you can turn 5 ticks, and then wait until you want to change the chord/sound, and then it’s just one tick away. Helps with the timing if that matters.

Thanks for the great tip @SLOTH!

Good tip!

you can

turn blue encoder

Me (really!) want an HOLD function, in order to drone without keeping pressed dat keyboard!

Great tip!
Thanks a lot :smiley:

@SLOTH

Wow i use this machine so long now. But that is a new idea for me and even solves my problem to hold notes with a toothpick!!!
So many new sounds possible now by live droning!!!

Thx therefore!!! <3

Gotta try the chord morph… very nice! Thanks Sloth

Ha and with the cheese block you can bite out the chords and have different blocks of cheese for your chord progression.