You can power it only with USB, but I have the feeling that constant powering over weeks and months isn’t really good for the battery life.I can be wrong tho…
Hey man, I recognise your username from elektronauts.com. Don’t panic about the battery. It’ll last more than long enough for you to feel like you got your money’s worth out of the op-1.
I guess unless you’re on it like 12+ hours a day and its your main instrument and a life-affecting struggle to get the money to pay for it etc. Under those circumstances I guess I wouldn’t advise it without more info on battery. But for real life/normal usage the battery will last a long long long time judging from OG users’ reports. I’ve had mine for months, used it a lot and only had to charge it about 8 times…
Hey man, I recognise your username from elektronauts.com..
Sure, no incognito
I’ve had mine for months, used it a lot and only had to charge it about 8 times…
I got my second hand OP-1 2 years ago, and I don’t see the battery weakening.
Right, I see your point. Ok, I stop worrying about it so much
I’ve had mine for almost 4 years now, no signs of the battery weakening yet! Don’t worry, OP Happy
Of all the components that could fail in the OP-1 and render it a brick in the future, the battery is likely the easiest to replace with a compatible component…so don’t worry about the battery (but do worry about everything else
OP-1 for Life bro!
They wouldn’t design such a timeless classic if it had shelf life.
Phones are designed to last 5 years max constant use.
I have a 3rd hand op-1 that will have been caned. It’s going strong.
Design choices like black background screen and ,I believe , limited memory go to allow super battery time.
Would it cause any issues in the device if charging it with a mobile charger which has output of 5V but 2A?