Op-1 and Arturia Keystep

Hi everyone and sorry if this question sound dumb, I’m not really an expert on cv/gate and midi possibilities regarding the Op-1.

Just got he Keystep from Arturia and I’m wondering about the possibilities trying to sync both.

Could you give me a hand? Cheers!

Are you trying to play op with keystep? You’ll need a midi host… as far as the op controlling keystep thru cv or gate I think with new update that could be possible

Thanks for the reply.

What about the pulse sync on OP-1 update? Wouldn’t work?

Are you trying to play op with keystep? You'll need a midi host.... as far as the op controlling keystep thru cv or gate I think with new update that could be possible

Idk specifically, in theory it might work if you have op set to po sync but then you wouldn’t have op audio line out going thru anything… basically you’re gonna need a midi host. I have Kenton box it has midi in/out and 1 USB port

You can do it with the PONY sync on the new OS. You’d need to split the left and right audio channel with a cable and plug one into the sync in on the Keystep and the other wherever you need the sound. Of course you’ll only get clock sync that way.

USB Midi might be the easier option plus you’d be able to use the Keystep as a Midi to CV converter to e.g. drive a modular system with Midi signals from the OP-1.

Hi! I’m wondering how the analog sync from OP-1 to Keystep is working. Did anyone succeed on this?

My setup:
* OP1 set to PO sync
* OP out cable split, pulse to Keystep Sync IN
Now I tried all sync modes on the keystep, but the start button just flashes fast and the sync doesnt seem to work and the sequence in the keystep doesnt start.

Any Ideas? where is my mistake? or are they just not compartible?
Cheers
Benno

i would guess that if u amplified the op1 sync signal a bit, the key step would recognize the pulses.

If you have one of the OG POs you can use it for amplifying the signal. I’ve successfully used it to get sync from the very, very quiet 3DS via a PO-14.