OP-1 and (BLE) midi

So strange.

What firmware are you running on the CME (and which device is it)?

For clarity - When I pair them, I can get BLE midi into the OP1f, but not out from OP1f.

To get BLE mdi OUT of OP1f they can’t be paired.

Can you check your setup? As you mention midi In to the op1f which works when paired for me to.

I know another user who says they need to be paired, and another who told me not to pair them (which solved my issue above)

Do any of you use the OP-1f with modular? What is a best way to have the midi out of OP-1f into the modular environment?

Guys maybe I missed it somewhere in the manual, but how do I connect a BLE keyboard to the OP-1f? “Advertise” on OP-1 is clear, but I have a ROLI LUMI keyboard which I would like to connect to the OP-1 to play, and don’t now how exactly I should connect it as a client.

I am having issues getting BLE to work on the tx-6. It worked the other day but after connecting it to a widi master it’s like it’s stuck. I tried resetting the tx-6, downgraded the firmware and updated the firmware back to current firmware and still nothing. If I enable BLE and put it in device mode it sometimes shows the blue led but the led quickly turns off as if it’s unable to support a connection and in client mode it does not work at all. Any ideas. This is such a bummer.

1 Like

@Rakun : go to COM and press LIST, while you enable advertising on the ROLI keyboard.

1 Like

I’m really interested to see people having any success with tx6 and BLE midi. I’ve managed to connect tx6 to iPhone over BLE but only by using midimittr, and I don’t get any midi data received in Koala etc. I definitely have the tx6 set to transmit cc commands, and I can get it to work great as a cc controller over usbc to lightning cable. I’m on the most current firmware. Maybe I should downgrade to 1.1.4? That’s the era of the posts above. Or does anyone have it working on the current November firmware (1.2.5)?

didn’t work on old firmware either.

I‘m using it successfully with AUM and can control AUM itself aswell as Model D App opened as AU in AUM.

The tx6? Man! Could you please… Walk me through how you’re connecting? Everything I’ve tried fails. I can get opz to work with aum over BLE. I can get tx6 to work with aum over cable. I can’t get tx6 to work with aum over BLE!

I got a replacement TX-6 because the BLE stopped working. I’ve been using the replacement device for about a year and a half. I’ve been reluctant to use the BLE again because I am nervous it’s also going to mysteriously fail. Well the exact same thing happened on this new device after a couple days of ble working it now has stopped. The blue indicator light goes on intermittently in accept mode but no light is available in scan mode. If you try to connect to it in accept mode the blue light will quickly go off and in scan mode there is zero functionality. I really wish I knew why this keeps happening and what I can do about it. Is this an issue with the circuitry of the device itself or is it related to a particular device that I connected to it. Even reinstalling the firmware didn’t make a difference. I’m guessing something is causing the internal ble radio to fry. Needless to say this isn’t a good thing. Is this only happening to me or is this a fault in the design in which case I would expect many other people to be complaining about this failure but I haven’t seen such complaints. I would love to hear from others if ble is still operational on your tx-6.

High I have OP-1f and Widi Jack. Everything is updated with firmware but I can’t get the OP-1 to even recognize the widi in the lists. I’ve read through this forum many times and can’t find any answers. Anyone got some ideas?