Hi! I had battery issues with my OP-1 a few years ago and this is the help I received from TE:
Here is a little guide on how the battery should work. I know the battery is really amazing on the OP-1 and I have not had a problem with mine for the last 6 years.
If the unit starts but does not charge properly:
- Disconnect USB, turn your unit on and leave it on until it turns off by itself. Do not manually turn off the unit. This could take up to 18 hours. The unit is off when the screen has turned black.
- After this turn it off, charge it fully using a computer or any standard USB charger. This can take about 18 hours depending on your situation. (The battery is 1800mA). This should recalibrate the battery indicator.
Your unit will charge when:
- It is turned OFF and connected to a USB power source. (computer / charger)
- It is turned ON and connected to a USB power source, unless USB charging is turned off in the OPT menu. (SHIFT+COM, 4)
- It is in TE-Boot menu and connected to a USB power source.
So a proper calibration is never a bad idea sometimes it might take 2-3 times for getting on perfect sync with the LEDs.
teenage engineering support