OP-1 Battle 68 - Turmoil and Change

Cool track! You could have recorded it directly into the kp2 mini, or?! I mean I don’t mind anyway.

Oh, shit. Good point! I have never used that feature on the kp2 so i didn’t even think of that. Thanks!

I use it more often than the other features /effects. It’s quite a good recorder even with the in built-in microphone.
A few years ago while djaying I used the kp mini 2 to play some files I hadn’t on vinyl. You can also pitch/timestrech and set a cue point.

1 Like

I didn’t put a limit on the length so longer is totally fine! Sounds cool. I will add it to the playlist now. Thank you!

1 Like

We have another week. It’s not too late to try something. Thank you to the five who have already submitted. Spread the word.

How about 5 more entries to make it an impressive showing?

1 Like

Procrastinating as usual… I will try my best to finish something in time!

2 Likes

You can DO IT!!

Two more days! If anyone needs an extension, just let me know. If I know you’re actually working on something and want to participate, I have no problem moving the due date. Can you tell I’m a teacher?
Anyone on the fence thinking they might want to do this? What the hell, just do it!

3 Likes

Erm… can I have an extension please? Shame face

Of course. Would Monday work for you (and anyone else)?

Thanks. I’m really struggling to rise above Jive Bunny-grade output this time around, which is frustrating cos I love the brief. I’ll have another crack at it this weekend but don’t extend beyond Monday on my behalf!

Cheers all

this one changes. uses some buns (no clap). also uses some 1968 ace-type samples. harps. electric prunes vocs, folks…maybe a hint of that gabor szabo, claro? back in those days seems lux. as much as life was in flux. times change, and then so does the beat.

amongst the turmoil, doing all I can for human kind. let the music take your mind.

2 Likes

This was the wrong weekend to try to get a track done… Way too busy.

I might still try to finish something but by all means, don’t wait for me.

I’m willing to push it by a week as long as no one objects. I’m busy too. Everything else is delayed, what’s stopping us from delaying this? New Deadline is Friday, August 7th. No pressure on you, just need some extra time myself.

2 Likes

Deadline extension is the tradition for the battles :wink:

3 Likes

i thank you! Quit my job a week ago Friday to strike it out on my own - and helping my wife wind down the country general store she had been running due to increased competition plus COVID… so lots to do LLC formation, banking, unpacking my desk back into my home, construction projects on said home, busy busy busy…

Again, i was coming on the forum to “throw in the towel” AND the deadline is extended…thank you!

May we live in interesting times, oh wait…
psound74

1 Like

I’m happy to do it. And good luck in your endeavors; sounds like you’re in a pretty good spot.

1 Like

Cool, I might do another one. @joeyfivecents Your battle brief is highly inspiring, thanks!

1 Like