OP-1 Battle 68 - Turmoil and Change

Just listened to the entries so far and was blown away! this is going to be very difficult to vote on.

3 Likes

Here’s a ravey one:

This is based on a 1968 interview with Eartha Kitt. At first I just wanted to use pieces of it, but I really liked her voice and the accentuation of her speech, so I decided to use it in full length. The rhythm is sampled from the intro of Creedence Clearwater Revival “Suzie Q”, the tonal sample taken from Cream “White Room” (both songs where in the billboard charts of 68).

Thanks. Will add this to the playlist and get the poll out tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who submitted and to everyone that votes. even if you didn’t enter the contest, we want you to vote.

If I finish one in the next couple hours can we include it??

1 Like

Yes. Of course. I’m still out running errands

Finally finished something… rather uninspired hiphop track but there’s some pretty sounds in there!

1: I didn’t use a famous speech… just the speaking part in the intro to the song… maybe that doesn’t count.
2: I picked a gospel song from 1968 - again, I guess I read the rules wrong, as gospel wasn’t necessarily a Billboard charting genre haha
3: I never do hiphop, so that was a change!

1 Like

Awesome. Battle deadline has officially been reached. I will add the last few submissions to the playlist and create a new thread with a poll at some point today. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Here’s the final playlist. 8 entries, all great. About to start a new thread and I’m hoping it’s pretty easy to create a poll even though I’ve never done it. I bet I can figure it out. Thanks again everyone, and if you didn’t submit a song, please still listen and vote.

3 Likes

@joeyfivecents What a great idea of creating a song! Sorry I missed the battle, but the topic definitely is inspiring.

1 Like