OP-1 Battle #73: “soundtrack // transmission”

[Mod edit] I included the link alone on a line so that Discourse can integrate the soundcloud miniapp directly.

Of course there is an extension!
Seems my brief has not inspired a lot of people, very unfortunately.
Or maybe it’s the lack of time and winter weather.
I have something cooking but it’s far from ready yet… So I can understand ^^

Deadline extended to March “Pi day” 14th!

1 Like

I was very much hoping to get something done for this one-of-its-kind battle. And here it is.

I wanted to lean on my less loved synths, the DBOX and the Cluster and my own voice. And I did! Though I also leaned a lot on the COW which must appear in every OP-1 tune I’ve made.

Occasionally I take my GoPro on a bike ride and capture some scenery. This video is a long GoPro shot put through various effects I found in kdenlive.

Hope you like it!

I did not remember to include something from a previous entry, unfortunately. I like the idea but I simply forgot.

Peace and sonic experimentation

2 Likes

I wanted to get back into the battles, but this one seemed too ambitious and scared me off… I’ll probably join the next one!

Don’t put walls where there aren’t :slight_smile:
Just basically make noise and try to organize it so that you feel something when it is juxtaposed to pictures.
It’s actually quite a nice experience!

so. as the deadline approaches. I also was kinda gaffing by this challenge. like, I mean, I do make battle beats and try to think about the rules. so I took 2,3,4 rules into account. my marker was ear based. like, I listened and then recorded a bunch of stuff. and then explored it trying to make a noise like no one has ever heard. I spent a bunch of time considering loops, and ended up keying in just, no beat, in my head. phones. = headphones

if you need to disqualify my entry because I do not have accompanying video, than so be it.

:thinking:
I was almost sure I had said somewhere that it was not mandatory to have a video, creating a soundtrack of some sort is the idea here.

Reading again my brief, I can’t see why I haven’t made this easier to read… I had such great expectations!
I wanted to draw a line to make it easier: I just made it way more complicated that needed…

You’re of course qualified, dear ^^
The aim is to have pleasure developing creativity and exploring new tracks. It’s not like there is some big ass prize in the end :smiley:

my personal big ass prize is my dear OP-1, to no end. spill a cup.

1 Like

This battle was a fantastic idea. I’ve never tried anything like it and although I’m not all that good on keys to begin with, I gave it a shot.

Might still be in upload, really sliding this in one last minute.
cheers everyone!

1 Like

I am really glad that you took a shot at it! It’s the main object of such battle, having fun experimenting!

———
Does anyone need a last extension or shall we close this battle?
Let me know. If I have no answer tomorrow, I’ll launch the votes :slight_smile:

1 Like