OP-1 Battle #75: Spirit of Radio

Just bought this synth and found this forum Really cool what you did nice to see what this instrument can do.

1 Like

Alright here is another. With classical examples; found some violin, cello, piano and voices. Decided to do all of the grid. And then mess around with some reverb and EQ.

3 Likes

130bpm, radio static, punch and a classics station.

3 Likes

Another one @ 162bpm. Oldskool rave flavour.

2 Likes

This is shaping up nicely. We still have a week so get those submissions in, people!

2 Likes

3rd submission, tried some sub-100bpm stuff this time.

3 Likes

big dog and a tree. half samples from radio, and half vinyl record via FM transmitter…(with a couple kicks and snares also via FM).

2 Likes

ok, so, since that post 4h ago. um. I made some kinda remix? this one has a lot more Radio. like, weird.

is this too many entries yet? lol

(edit 21 hours later: full disclosure, I re-recorded this with a slight edit, and updated my Soundcloud post. but with all of 8 listens the track has had, I am actually just doing the future world a favor.)

6 Likes

I love the sound of radio samples and i’m really happy I got time to make an entry!

All samples from the Galician and Spanish radio. We have an entire Catholic radio station that seems to provide 24 hour Mass, for example. That came in handy along with the OP-1’s Arpeggiator.

I’m hearing some great entries for this battle, props to @joeyfivecents for organising!

6 Likes

Nah, you’re good!

ok. thanks.

like, um. here’s another radio dream? good thing I recorded. my mistake. I’m starting to battle my inner self. maybe that’s a good thing?

4 Likes

OK, never entered twice in a battle i could have…until now.

i present: “hey”

3 Likes

So I’m counting 15 entries so far (or is it 14? Someone correct me if I’m wrong). Is that a record for most entries in a Battle? Awesome job everyone. 3 more days if you haven’t gotten yours in yet.

1 Like

What a nice idea for a battle.
Will try to upload an entry until tomorrow! Have been offline for a while now and happy to see that battles are still her :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do it!

If anyone needs an extension on the deadline, let me know. Otherwise, I’m gonna start compiling the playlist and poll tomorrow. Thank you for all the submissions. This is shaping up into an epic battle.

Lucky as I am they broadcasted live from Tomorrowland yesterday evening :partying_face:
Pretty much low-end-focused…

The voice is Lewis Hamilton thanking his team. He was in the news after winning something I guess.

Thanks for that fun battle!

3 Likes

am I too the late? is it the Saturday somewhere?

i’m in SF, and hope you enjoy this the intimate of the sound. where were you when you heard about the it?

1 Like

Last minute … Still feels like Saturday. Here’s a loopy techno smasher… don’t take it too serious.

Everything sampled from radio.
Drum loop from Dr. Alban’s “It’s My Life”, but heavily filtered and altered using NITRO.
German voice (Translation: “so … this is not meant seriously, that is perfectly clear.”) stretched with PHONE effects.
Jazz drum roll cut up in drum sampler, randomised with ENDLESS sequencer, filtered with NITRO using the RANDOM LFO.

2 Likes

Y’all are good. I’m closing it now.