OP-1 Battle #75 Voting

so far i didnt have time for a long post, so i’ll do it now.
@ kln “mega rad” - i like the spontaneity in the mix, it sounds like a great intro track for this battle playlist.
“very rad” the my most fav by dj_kln ! i played it in the car with friends and it was a dope track to groove to. and its my second fav on the list !
“half rad” i like the vinyl samples, one of the best !
“good thing rad” haha you have so many things that are “rad” :laughing:
“more rad” is even more rad than half rad :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
“tick tick tick and want that pop” sounds like a musical journey :innocent:
@ psound74 “radio-flyer-side-a” i can feel your commute in ny :wink:
“hey side a” i like the arpeggiation and small build ups in the mix
@ rocksoul “the radiogame” i like the glitches :slight_smile: keep them coming !
“side a classical b” i would love for it to have some kind of beat or rhythm
@ motone “op-1 battle 75” radio static sounds great :metal:
“radio rave slave” is on my op3 list. i really love that track, one of the best!
“messed up” i love the base of that that , great job !
“not serious” scary vocal sample, but i like the beat !
@ ssam “jet pilots” its really well mastered. and composition is great. intro, mid, outro, tight work amigo :blush:
@ F_R_A_N_Z “tomorrow” sounds interesting :thinking:

@ joeyfivecents thanks for a great battle idea, with out your FM challenge i probably would never have made a cv controlled radio :radio: :heart:

it was very difficult to chose one vote. i have played the playlist to my friends, and family, and gave it a long time. it was still hard to chose. so i hope to hear more of all of your work in the next battle.
@ Kingcardinal “lazarus” congratulations :1st_place_medal: :trophy: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

When is Battle 76? Let’s DO THIS!

3 Likes

@ Kingcardinal, i need my creativity challenged :drooling_face:

1 Like

Here too! Desperately waiting for a new challenge. I know I missed the last battles but these days I’m feeling it. I’m in again! So what are the rules!? :nerd_face:

plus 1 for the new battle. raring to go.

looking for inspiration? there is an old, old “Battle Ideas” threads somewhere on this forum I started years ago, that a bunch of folks added to as well, that might spark something!

i was wandering…
why “battle” , it inspires war. music is best when in unity. let’s have like an universal colab jamm session, where every one work together on some kind of musical challenge.:man_shrugging:

but i also look forward to battle#76. just something interesting to do, i don’t care what :stuck_out_tongue:

Yo! Let’s work in parallel on a “colab#1 thread”.

@Kingcardinal was last seen here on August 6th. If you read this, please host the next battle :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Aug 27 would be three weeks.

perhaps @Motone could host the next one, if we don’t hear from @Kingcardinal by then? he was basically runner up across three tracks in the votes.

if suddenly the real winner came back to life, we could have Battle A and Battle B raging at the same time. lol

1 Like

battles don’t necessarily inspire war. I used to battle the commute every day, or battle against heavy wind and rain with a jenkie umbrella…and we’ve collectively been battling a pandemic as of late.

OP-1 battles have almost never been adversarial in my experience. there have been some collaborative battles even.

I like the spirit of a collaboration jam session, but also can’t live without an OP-1 battle for too long. lol

1 Like

Gonna post a new battle brief in a few hours… if @Kingcardinal won’t … stay tuned! :wink:

Let me try to contact them, I have their email address.

1 Like

I’m so sorry everybody! I totally forgot. Yes, @motone will you please take over? That was my first ever battle, so I don’t think I’m ready to take the reigns yet.

2 Likes