OP-1 Blog

If you follow me on Soundcloud and you’re wondering A. where did a bunch of the tracks go? or B. why I haven’t posted in a while (normally I post twice per week)… well… something cool is coming soon!

Interesting @sammyjams! An official release perhaps? A track based on the next OS Update??

Interesting @sammyjams! An official release perhaps? A track based on the next OS Update??

Haha I wish it was something based on the next OS update! But, no. Coming soon :slight_smile:

Managed to midi-map a useful subset of Tremor using 32 knobs, 12 faders, and a couple of buttons, across 3 portable controllers. Wonder if a writeup would be of use to anyone…

I hear Messe is open to the public today. who gets to ask the Question?

Now I looked into tape editing. Really straightforward, although I still use lift followed by drop when I really want to do a copy followed by drop. Maybe I’m doing it right. Works for me this far.

My girlfriend saw teenage engineering’s presentation at the resonate festival yesterday in belgrad. They said, that there will be a PO-XA und PO-XB … !! They are planning to release it in about 3-4 month. Did anyone know about this?
They also gave away ten POs for free to the audience. Nice move :slight_smile:

@uleria this is some cool news :slight_smile:

I finished assembling my first Shruthi-1 this morning at 1am…
Such a nice experience, it is the most easy piece of soldering I have ever seen, the guy behind Mutable Instruments is a genius !
Now I have a magnificent monosynth.
And what a sound !!!

Wow this is interesting.
It was hinted before that one will probably be a sampler one, maybe the other is an effects unit?

My girlfriend saw teenage engineering's presentation at the resonate festival yesterday in belgrad. They said, that there will be a PO-XA und PO-XB ... !! They are planning to release it in about 3-4 month. Did anyone know about this? They also gave away ten POs for free to the audience. Nice move :)

feeling compromised.

been hoping some subtle wiggling would bring my audio output jack back to life. but it seems lucky if R shows up at all, even while holding my OP with tender care. the jack is totally jacked. i can see it pushed in slightly, as if it’s come loose from the casing. i have tried throughout it’s life not to stick it in and out too much (easy, just talking about the audio output jack)…but it seems to be fucked now.

any easy suggestions as to next steps to bring my full audio output spectrum back to life?

Got my OP-1 yesterday and I have slept very little in the past 24hrs. Everytime I try something, I’m forced to think about it differently and that is the best part. Really looking forward to dive deeper into the OP-1.

Congratulations on your new kit, stich! I hope to be an operator soon, myself.

I cannot stress enough how incredibly deep the OP1 is. As soon as I feel like i have reached the limit of a sound of an effect, one turn of the knob or combination of a different setting opens up a different door of possibilities.

I bought it today. I went in to Tokyo which takes about an hour. My English bank card wouldn’t work so I went back home and reserved it for next Saturday. The burning and inextinguishable fire blazed and I went back a couple of hours later after picking up the cash.
It’s mine. I have it. I am so happy. It’s amazing. Thank you for reading.

Finished the facelift on www.go-p1.net. Think it’s looking pretty good.

I just ordered my OP-1. Woooooo!

This thing is so sick. It’s too much. 2 2 2 2 2 much and I don’t mean the price either. Everything is enough to keep my style smiling for miles and miles and miles!!! BOOOM!!!

Ritchie, congratulations on getting a new version of go-p1 live :slight_smile: looks good.

Feel free to add any of my videos to that section of the site. the wifi-backup one is a video that might help a lot of folk!

Totally forgot about it, I went to Musikmesse and had the chance to meet up again with our friend cuckoo, but I couldn’t stay that long, cause I had to get my train back, anyway I talked to cuckoo and moogulator from the sequencer forum and to Manfred Fricke from MFB who build my Dominion 1! Exciting!!!

Still trying to let go of the “traditional” way of making music when using the OP-1. I keep trying to do it the “old way” and it brings some frustration.

My little 4y-old daughter was pushed by a backward-driven car an hour ago. Her 6y-old brother was holding her arm but was out of danger.

She just left the hospital, and is fine. Her grandfather had his ankle broken saving her.

They are 700km away from me and I would like to have them in my arms.
I breathe but cannot work anymore…