OP-1 delivery in EU: this year? Can Gear4Music be trusted?

Is it true that there is significant Op-1 delivery problems in EU? Just ordered a OP-1 from " Gear4Music"- they originally claimed that it would be delivered tomorrow- but have now postponed delivery a week. They claim they will recieve them in the next days. After looking at the TE website and at several other sellers in EU- it appears that none are able to deliver now. Suspect that Gear4Music is basically dishonest and will postpone again and again. Anyone got a idea on when shipments of OP-1 will recontinue? This year?

If you don’t manage to get hold of one in a week or two, send me a PM. I’m strongly considering selling mine once I get my OP-Z because I figure I won’t really need both. It’s mint condition and comes with the official case, a decksaver, and screen protector.

great, thanks

@kaplan_j said:
Is it true that there is significant Op-1 delivery problems in EU? Just ordered a OP-1 from " Gear4Music"- they originally claimed that it would be delivered tomorrow- but have now postponed delivery a week. They claim they will recieve them in the next days. After looking at the TE website and at several other sellers in EU- it appears that none are able to deliver now. Suspect that Gear4Music is basically dishonest and will postpone again and again. Anyone got a idea on when shipments of OP-1 will recontinue? This year?

Gear4Music is a solid company, I’ve ordered plenty of things from them and they’ve always delivered. They’re also the main supplier of most of the music stores I frequent in Sweden. Only backside is that they tend to hold a slightly higher pricepoint sometimes and they ship most of their orders from the UK which means longer delivery times.

You could also check out Bax Shop, they’re kind of like the dutch Thomann. That’s where I bought my OP-1. Keep your eyes out for B-stock units, they’re mint condition and can usually be delivered instantly.

I wouldn’t say there’s a delivery problem in Europe, there is however a supply problem. TE can’t produce enough units to meet the demand and the’ve been preoccupied with the OP-Z and the pocket operators for quite some time now. TE is a huge brand, but the company is still very small.

I’m selling one at the moment too, it’s on this very forum.

Thanks. Must be a serious supply problem;
Bax music: op-1 status: Delivered in 26 weeks.

Thomann has not listed the op1 anymore ;(

On marktplaats.nl are currently 3 used OP-1’s for sale

Gear4Music postponed it once again to the end of November. Contacted TE directly regarding supply delays- but got no answer. Increasing number of shops does not list/sell it anymore. Wonder if it is being discontinued?..

They have a history of discontinuing lines. They’re a design studio in the end I guess.

Shooting myself in the foot a bit here (MINE IS STILL FOR SALE) but these guys seem to have stock at a cheap price… https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/teenage-engineering-op-1-portable-synthesizer

Not in stock at that link

Really? It says available to order, delivered in 5 days when I click on it.

@daninski said:
Really? It says available to order, delivered in 5 days when I click on it.

It’s says “usually”
Check another item they definitely have and you’ll see clearly they have stock to send out and not just available to order.
PMT don’t have stock based on that link.

I ordered them via eBay and they ended up overselling Arturia keystep. Took months to get one but no one else had them so I just waited.

In my experience both these sites (like a lot of others) try to give the impression they have stock when they don’t. They’re not lying but you have to look a little closely. And to be fair just call/ email them and they’d probably tell you straight.

What is worrisome here is that this shortage may be due to unavailable parts, which will also impact repairs…

I realise we are talking about the OP-1 here, but at least the store I pre-ordered the OP-Z through were upfront in stating they had absolutely no solid information re dates of delivery/availability. I got my OP-1 new from them earlier this year simply because I randomly checked their website and saw they had two listed in stock and in the store. I quickly got on the phone, put a deposit down to secure one and picked it up soon after. I think I just got lucky. Apparently they got listed that day because the people who had pre-ordered those units did not respond to repeated calls and emails to let them know the units were available.

Got tricked to buy a OP-1 from Markplaats- no response from the seller after bank transfer.Lost 620 euro. So take care with the dutch Marktplaats. It remains very difficult to locate a op-1 for sale- but after way too much web time finally located a new one in stock which is arriving in two days, yeah!. There are countless scams which tries to sell OP-1 below 700 euro- in particular at amazon- where short-term new sellers try to establish direct contact with you outside the amazon system- don’t go there.

I have an op1 for sale. But it has in intermittent issue where the screen basically switches off. Happy to sell for the right price… Or I’ll just hold onto it for spare parts.

I pre-ordered the OP-Z on Gear4music, the delivery date is Nov 9th. I emailed them twice to get straight info about the accuracy of this date and received no answers :frowning: