Op-1 Died???

Can someone help me with this?

Last I was playing was yesterday afternoon and I believe i kept in on and it seems to have drained out the battery. Now when I plug in to power, no lights nor it wont start

I tried charging with audio interface, phone charger and computer, no luck
I tried starting with Com, but no luck.

I know the deal with the lithium batteries but I wanna badly get her started. Any tips. its been 12 hrs, should i keep it even longer on charge? Should I charge him with on or off?

I got this through amazon, will TE accept warranty when brought with Amazon

Did you try starting the op-1 with the usb cable unplugged after you charged it?

Yes, try plugging in and out the Usb cable for a few times and maybe wait a bit in between. It will turn on somewhen then ; )

yes, doesnt seem to work. not sure what else to do. feeling so sad :frowning:

Has anyone faced this issue? I dont see a light when i plug in the charge. How long should I charge it before trying anything. Its been 24 hrs, already

It happened to me once.

Eventually the OP-1 came back to life on it’s own, randomly like 48 hours later
Try leaving it plugged for a while via USB on a computer. Usb chargers/phone chargers have always made my op’s battery act strange.

turn the volume up to max. When you switch the unit on do you hear a slight “pop” on the speaker?
Does going into the bootloader work? (Hold COM during power on)

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/530/TabascoEye” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>TabascoEye<span style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(37, 38, 30); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”> no to both the questions. Im letting it charge hoping one day it will come back to life

@<a href=“https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/428/SLOTH” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(66, 157, 168); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>SLOTH ok, were you charging it in off or on. You randomly unplugged and turned it on and it worked? Were the lights on when you were charging?
@TabascoEye no to both the questions. Im letting it charge hoping one day it will come back to life

@SLOTH ok, where you charging it in off or on. You randomly unplugged and turned it on and it worked? Were the lights on when you were charging?

Please keep us posted!

My only experience in this regard is that when I let the battery drain completely it restarts continually when its almost empty, until it dies. Its scary, although it keeps working fine after I charge it again
I contacted TE and below is their response. I tried all their options, still no life :( Missing my op-1 badly

First off, does the unit start in TE-Boot?

• Make sure the OP-1 is turned off.
  • Disconnect the USB cable and wait a few seconds. Important!
  • Press and HOLD the COM key on the OP-1 while turning the power on.
  • (Does the speaker ‘click’? Good, all is well.)
  • This will take you to the “TE-Boot” screen.
  • Here you can upload firmware (1) or perform factory reset (7) etc.
  • Make sure you are running the latest OP-1 OS found here: https://teenage.engineering/downloads#os_updates
  • Before installing OS or resetting try to start normally again.

If the unit does not start or charge:

• Make sure the OP-1 is turned off.
  • Disconnect the USB cable and wait a few seconds. Important!
  • Connect OP-1 to a computer or charger using USB and leave it turned off for a few hours.
  • After this disconnect USB again and leave it turned off for about three seconds.
  • Finally reconnect the unit again. Does it charge now?
  • Try this a few times, and report back.

If the unit starts but does not charge properly:

• Disconnect USB, turn your unit on and leave it on until it turns off by itself. Do not manually turn off the unit. This could take up to 18 hours. The unit is off when the screen has turned black.
  • After this, charge it fully using a computer or any standard USB charger. This can take about 2,5 – 6 hours depending on your situation. (The battery is 1800mA). This should recalibrate the battery indicator.

Your unit will charge when:

• It is turned OFF and connected to a USB power source. (computer / charger)
  • It is turned ON and connected to a USB power source, unless USB charging is turned off in the OPT menu. (SHIFT+COM, 4)
  • It is in TE-Boot menu and connected to a USB power source.

Here is a video of me trying to boot it up

No life :frowning: Am i doing anything wrong here?

Anyone faced this.

Is there anyway to reslove it. How much would it cost to ship and repair to TE if not covered in warranty. Its been
More than a year I got this

Also Te asked to give the serial number. I did not find it in the black box. How to open this guy up to get the serial number

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNwyO7ghfaO/

Oops forgot to include the video

I think the serial number is on the back of the OP-1, at least on my OP-1.

its written in a very small font:
1st starts with "OP-1 portable synthesizer…"
2nd with "Designed and… " and there in the middle it is written down "model number… FCC"

my guess is that this is the serial number, I hope I am correct.

It’s under the i/o plug, you can open it with a plastic knife or guitar plektron,

you shouldn’t have to open it to get serial tbh - can you post apic of the print on the back?

you shouldn't have to open it to get serial tbh - can you post apic of the print on the back?

The serial number is not on the print on the back of the OP-1. That is the model number.

CB