OP-1 doesn't work after update and resetting.

Hey everyone, had a perfectly good OP-1 before the update, I updated it and it worked for a while, but after turning it off it would not turn back on.

I factory reset it, and it seemed to work, but then did the same thing, and now factory resetting does not help either.

Plugging it in does not let me see charging lights, and I updated it again and could use it for a bit, but then could not turn it back on again.

Have factory reset again and cannot turn it on. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, I haven’t had this problem (Yet?). If it’s still under warranty, I would suggest contacting TE with this issue. It may be a known issue and they might be able to help. Best of luck!

Unfortunately I bought it second hand, but still might have to send it in and pay for repairs.

Can hear the click of it turning on, but won’t actually start up. Can still factory reset or install firmware, and if i do install it will work for a bit but after i turn it off for a while it will not start back up.
Unfortunately I bought it second hand, but still might have to send it in and pay for repairs.

Can hear the click of it turning on, but won't actually start up. Can still factory reset or install firmware, and if i do install it will work for a bit but after i turn it off for a while it will not start back up.

Have you tried a battery calibration?

I have no idea what that is.

Have you left it on charge for 24h with a 2A charger? Sounds like a dead battery.

I have no idea what that is.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=op-1+battery+calibration

However, in a nutshell, it’s about depleting the battery totally and then charging it totally, in order to ensure that the battery is fully charged and that the battery level indicator is in sync.

CB

I might be wrong, but it seems there’s an exponential increase of ‘‘non working cases’’ with the new update.

I might be wrong, but it seems there's an exponential increase of ''non working cases'' with the new update.

The fact is that more people are reporting the problem here… my unit is quite new and this doesn’t work perfectly, but it seems to be fine

I might be wrong, but it seems there's an exponential increase of ''non working cases'' with the new update.

Is it not possible that problems will naturally tend to be clustered around the periods of most change and may not indicate any problem with the new firmware itself, but may be due to:

- people performing a procedure which they rarely perform and getting it slightly wrong
- hardware problems with USB cables, specific OP-1 units or computers which only manifest themselves during OP-1 firmware update
- software problems with specific OP-1 units - lack of free memory space, files missing, atypical firmware upgrade history - which causes particular problems during a firmware update
- devices coming under increased natural scrutiny immediately after an upgrade (I myself have reported on here a ‘new’ fault post update which turned out to be normal behaviour and hadn’t changed at all with the update)
- etc

CB

Also: Between Black Friday and Christmas there probably were a lot of new OP-1s being purchased. That means a) more Operators and hence a potential increase in absolute reported errors (at the same error rate) and b) there might be an issue with the current HW version, maybe a change in manufacturer or parts (indicated by the changed serial number maybe?)

I’m with CB in that I would not infer a causal relation between the update and the issues. We’d need more samples to do that.