OP-1 Field and more tracks?

I was wondering if anyone else would like to see the OP-1 Field with at least 8 tracks? That’s one of my biggest hopes.

3 Likes

Yes I would love it

2 Likes

if you have the OG OP, them connected over USB = 8 track :slight_smile: really love the combo

2 Likes

The original had four mono tracks that you could pan. I’d love the option somehow of choosing to split (maybe even when creating the tape) a mix of mono and stereo tracks. I’d be happy with four mono and two stereo tracks for example, or six mono and one stereo track. Similar processor overhead I would’ve thought but some more flexibility.

Another way to implement this would be when recording the red dial sets the volume. Maybe shift red dial could adjust panning, click encoder to swap between left, right, and balance… in other words let us record just to the ‘left’ half of a track. And then in the mixer allow tracks to be unlinked so each mono half gets a pan control. That would be enough. When doing mixdowns and track bouncing, eg recording multiple tracks to one, you want the destination track to be stereo. But for many elements like drum sounds the track doesn’t need to be stereo for the most part. So you could choose to give up a stereo track or two in exchange for more mono tracks.

2 Likes

Yes, please.

Though I’d settle for just one extra track. When you got only four, the addition of just one still opens up an entirely new universe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love your thoughts. If you could split any stereo track into 2 mono. That’s the 8 tracks right there.

2 Likes

Well that’s a great idea if I had another $800. Lol.

I was thinking too if they let use combine tapes. So you could use two reels for one project.