OP-1 field feature requests

These were covered in a few reviews, but I can’t recall them all being in a single one which I agree would be surprising if that’s the case!

right now I feel like TE are more into the TX-6 than the op-1f. I could be wrong but that’s the vibe I’m getting. I would like to be able to monitor the input (mic or line or usb) with effects.

3 Likes

Does anyone else feel like (or fear?) that TE will enable more than 4 tracks of recording when you connect the TX-6 to the OP-1f via USB-C? I noticed they specifically call out their tape tracks on the OP-1f and tag them as “4-Track” to possibly imply that future tape styles may have more than just 4 tracks, and I assume connectivity between these two devices along with a USB-C drive may be how they accomplish this. Just a thought.

1 Like

i wouldn’t expect a bunch of additional features y’all. if you already bought or plan to buy the op1f then it should probably be because there is already something there that is worth it to you. it’s most likely to be bug fixes and maybe a thing or two here and there. but things like more tracks, undo, totally new features, etc, just isn’t likely imo. and imo shouldn’t be expected. i guess its fun to think about? but i think the chances are very very low. the op1f is a great device and is def an improvement over the og… we may just have to live with that for a while

Booo this realistic mature viewpoint sucks!
Such a buzz kill. I’m literally holding out for like 5 more synth engines, 10 effects, and three sequencers though I have no ideas for what any of them should be, oh and Bluetooth audio with no latency.

Hahah no but seriously, it’s good to take the approach you’re suggesting, though it’s also totally fair to be expecting of things because of the nature of TE’s marketing. They very much said the op-1 was a ten year platform and this is a ten year platform too. Granted those updates got fewer and further between in that timeframe, but still, I think it might be fair to put pressure on them to market accurately and deliver

4 Likes

fair enough, hear hear =)

Instabounce

Something I thought of while messing with tape. I hate bouncing stuff with ear. Too many button presses, plus you need to wait for stuff to play. How could bouncing be implemented better? Simple. You SHIFT+CUT to lift several tracks as usual, then SHIFT+PASTE to past them into the current track all mixed together. From what I see, currently SHIFT+PASTE doesn’t do anything at all.

11 Likes

Haha…just finished filming a video on feature request ideas. This should have been in it!

4 Likes

That’s a great idea and solution!

put together a few feature ideas in this video

5 Likes

Have you managed to solve your unbalanced output issue?

filled out the RMA and will send it off soon.
edit: so no, the problem persists…it sucks

1 Like

Damn, was hoping it was an overlooked setting or something. Best of luck

thanks!

there’s already global de-tuning. It would be so easy to make it so you hold down a key on the keyboard and change the tuning for that key (and repeat for as many keys as you want) which would be implemented in whatever synth you dial in. Voila!: instant Microtonal op-1 field!!!

1 Like

A simple shift-lock feature would be nice to allow for easier fine-manipulation of two parameters at once.

Also the Value LFO’s “sine wave” is still not a true sine wave, it’s got that funky asymmetrical shape like on the OG (I don’t have the synth in front of me so going off memory so I think this is right). The Tremolo LFO’s sine wave is nice and normal, which is something I’m finding myself needing often to manipulate other parameters.

Saving the entire “state” of the device without a computer would be really helpful but that could be asking a lot. Im thinking just for synth/drum/mixer setting templates, not anything that affects the tape audio.

Forgive me if these have been addressed but I couldn’t find discussion of them

Really loving my Field!

Tape Saturation/Distortion effect

An effect to add saturation/distortion, ideally using the existing tape-sims.

5 Likes

Electric Piano engine

I actually enjoyed (mostly) the EP engine on the OP-Z while I still had it. I think it could be greatly improved upon, or completely reworked and launched as an OP-1F engine.

with 4 controls I feel like

• Pickup Type blending,
  • pickup mod.,
  • bell tone, and
  • noise parameters would be great! (drawing inspiration from the akai ep plugin.)

I’d slap the Trem LFO and a spring reverb or CWO on that in a heartbeat.
Wouldn’t mind a dedicated phaser effect along with it? tho I feel that CWO is pretty widely flexible.

4 Likes

I’d love this. We have the string model, EP model too please.

I can just drag the files straight off the OP-1F into Logic X Pro and it works just fine :thinking:

1 Like