OP-1 field feature requests

If you put the tape in free mode, shift + > will take you to the end of the next clip on that track whereas shift + < will take you to the start of the previous clip

4 Likes

USB digital audio out. I really want to use a better DAC for live playing / performances. Or convince me otherwise with measurements from an Audio Precision device like the APx555. I’m happy to be wrong here, but but based on what I’m hearing the internal DAC is lacking.

i believe this already works! i send audio out from my op1f to my tx-6 via usb - perhaps it is only with the tx-6 though, ive never tried it with a different device

It would be good to know the technical specs about how to get that to work - I can configure my computer to accept sound from the OP-1, but it doesn’t seem to send any. There might be something happening with the tx-6 to turn that on (or I’m just completely messing up how I’m doing this)

Should be plug-and-play. You connect Op-1 Field, the system installs drivers for the USB, then it becomes visible as a device in Audacity, OBS and so on.

1 Like

Yes, the usb audio on OP1 and OP1F works both ways, it is discussed in https://op-forums.com/t/op-1-field-audio-over-usb-c-what-works

1 Like

Sequencer improvements:

Endless:

• Option to save multiple sequences (at least as with Finger seq)
  • After saving the sequence, enable its listing on the display with the possibility of retroactive adjustments in this listing

Finger:

• While editing the sequence, zoom the grid and view the information in greater detail
  • Ability to extend a note over multiple steps (as with Endless)

Pattern:

• Extension to 32/64 steps
  • Possibility to save more sequences

New melodic sequencer ala Ableton Push - 8x8 grid with recorded notes displayed (F2, C3, etc.).

7 Likes

Speaking of sequencers, I really feel etch-a-sketch should have a “record” mode that captures both key presses and slides via bend keys.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thanks a lot, that is a great tip that helps me a lot in my arranging process - it’s much more easier now

1 Like

Thank you, thank you. It was my idea entirely and no one else deserves any credit for it

1 Like

Still new to OP-1F, but I’d love it if there were better ‘live’ looping functionality. As in the ability to seamlessly build loops and switch between multiple patterns and song parts. At this price point I think it should be able to do everything the KOII does and better. For instance, would a simple undo command, (like on the KOII) kill anyone FFS? Why the hoops to jump through? On the KOII it’s easy to switch between patterns. Essentially, a $300 machine shouldn’t be able to outperform its 2K big brother.

1 Like

I’d like “hold shift, while endless is playing in hold mode, to add notes to the endless pattern”

4 Likes

“sync start for album and tape” so you can record back from album into tape on grid.

7 Likes

“expose all synth parameters, master effects parameters, and tape controls for incoming midi note and cc control of them”

2 Likes

I would love to have the option to create longer tracks by splitting the total recording time of the device (48 minutes - 8 tracks of 6 minutes each) in a custom way. For example, creating 1 track with 12 minutes and still having 36 minutes in total for creating another 7 tracks.

The device is so powerful for creating experimental and ambient tracks, and with the 6 minute limitation per track I don’t have enough time to develop musical ideas.

5 Likes

I’m glad that TE listened to some of my requests and made it so you can have the input with its own FX using the vocoder, in addition to adding the terminal FX. :pray: TE for listening. That’s why I can’t get enough of you guys.

2 Likes

I’m hoping this is an easter egg and they are going to add functionality to combine reels as busses…

2 Likes

also is the load button different?

2 Likes

my guess is you can load or eject reels, and it will playback all loaded. and it’s 12 minutes? and it’s a different type?

2 Likes

I was looking forward to this image too, but it actually seems like an old UI.
There is also an image on the OP-1 field page that uses the eject symbol.