OP-1 Field “jumpy” encoder

My blue encoder has gotten jumpy on me. It seems to happen mostly when I turn it quickly.

What I mean by jumpy is that if I am turning it to the left the value I am affecting will not just go down; it will go down but then jump up to a higher value, etc. If I turn it really slowly then it usually is fine.

Anyone else experience this and know if there’s a fix? I have already contacted TE support and waiting on a reply.

1 Like

prob just a lil dirty
spray a lil deoxit in there and work it around

if cleaning it doesn’t work then the next step prob would be to replace the encoder itself

1 Like

Since the latest update, I find editing my own imported samples to be fiddly. But I’d blame software, as if the op1F was lagging.
Encoders are working great for the moment. You might need to clean it a bit.

1 Like

Thanks. Do you know if the knobs are supposed to slide off like on the original OP-1? They don’t seem to (I’m also not using much force) and I can’t seem to find any information about this online.

i’m still rocking the OG so i dont know how the field is but i would think they would

sometimes the knobs just take a lil bit more force to pull off

for real stubborn knobs u can slip a lil tool like a spudger or a butter knife type of thing
something thin and sturdy to make a lever // fulcrum kinda thing

gently slip it underneath the skirt and while holding the back of the knob so it doesn’t flex the actual encoder shaft wedge it out.
once u get it started usually u can pull it off with your fingers then

thanks. but I’m going to wait for TE to give me answer. nothing would surprise me with these new units.

just happened to me, and TE made me send it back to the store for a new one.
Is it as bad as in my video https://youtu.be/egu3w–8PJA?si=MKSyBSxTxdZYaRct ?
I only started to notice this after the last update so i thought it was that, but according to TE they said “looks like the encoders are a bit iffy”.

So it’s happening to all of your encoders? Your issue is similar to mine except mine is not as bad.TE responded and advised me to contact the store where I purchased it. I’m glad I still have like 6 weeks left on the warranty.

I guess these units aren’t as easy to clean/repair as the original ones?

So it’s happening to all of your encoders? Your issue is similar to mine except mine is not as bad.TE responded and advised me to contact the store where I purchased it. I’m glad I still have like 6 weeks left on the warranty.

I guess these units aren’t as easy to clean/repair as the original ones?

I had a unit that was doing the same thing… i popped off the encoder and blew inside the Op1f and the jumpy encoder went away. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks. How did you pop off the encoder? It’s odd that TE support didn’t suggest I do the same thing. Instead they are having me contact the seller and the seller is having to talk to their TE rep.

I was able to pop off the encoder but it still is jumping after blowing on it. It’s weird because it only “jumps” if you turn it quickly anti clockwise. If you turn it in the other direction it’s ok and if you turn it slowly anti clockwise it’s fine as well.

1 Like

blow inside the unit, not on the plastic encoder itself!